『Coming out.』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 28]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

      "Five times?! I'm drinking this five times in one day?! No wa- Ow that hurt Shoichi-kun!!!" Zenitsu had screeched, rubbing the spot where Shoichi had taken a fist to him.

      "Shut up. You're annoying." the boy ordered, turning his gaze to face the entrance to the room. "(y/n)-san- .... Oh, where's (y/n)-san?"

      Tanjiro sat on the back of a kakushi, his expression downcast as he was carried into the room. "(y/n)'s... (y/n)'s living in a village. A normal life now..."

      The eleven year old brunette paused, tears welling up in his eyes. Did you actually leave him? Was he not important to you? He felt his throat tighten. "I... I'm gonna go for a walk..." he'd mumbled, sauntering out of the room.

      "(y/n)-chan really left....? (y/n)-chan actually left us?" Zenitsu croaked in disbelief, his eyes wide in shock.

      "Yeah.... But, they're safer now." Tanjiro answered, climbing off the kakushi's back. You in fact weren't safe at the moment, but they didn't need to know that. When Shoichi arrived outside, he began sprinting, tears running down his cheeks. He felt betrayed, worried, frustrated, and hopeless. He felt you left because of him. It was his fault, wasn't it?

      The boy ran and ran, not stopping when occasionally bumping into people. He shouldn't have willingly followed you. He should've stayed with his siblings. He didn't want to go back now though. His life was so bland before he met you and your friends. When he finally slowed, he noted how he'd run into a village, people swerving around his exhausted figure.

      "Hey, are you alright?" someone had questioned, setting a hand on his shoulder from behind. He abruptly turned to face the other. The person was a boy around his own age, adorning wild golden locks seemingly dipped in red at the ends. The boy's eyes were unnaturally wide and uniquely colored. Shoichi blinked.