『 Halfie.』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━

      People said that mirrors, or your reflection could reveal your past. There was a reason you forgot it though, you knew that much. Mirrors. They were objects you should stray away from, as well as your reflection. A phobia of mirrors. That's why you didn't know what you looked like. You yourself had very specific fears, such as developing legitimate bonds with others, or perhaps having to lose someone you cared for, or mirrors. You were afraid. While it may have been irrational, you feared that seeing your reflection would bring your past back.

      You were unsure of what your past exactly was, but you remembered the names Yumi and Yutta. The names had belonged to a specific pair of siblings you had bonded with. Had they died? Was that why you feared becoming attached to others? They had to do with these fears, didn't they? You vaguely recalled Yumi to be the younger one, Yutta refusing to call you by name. What was your name?

      The number 17823 had been your first thought. That couldn't be right, that was a number. All you knew was that number meant many things. Things that weren't necessarily good.

      Would you be willing to meet those two again if given the chance?

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

      You blinked. The raven--haired man was staring into your soul, seemingly contemplating something as he crouched before you and the two Kamado siblings. "Do...Do you speak any Japanese?" the male had quietly questioned, his unnerving stare making you uneasy.

      Tanjiro winced as he sat up slightly, still caging you and Nezuko in his arms. "Ah! No, they can't really speak any Japanese... Only a few insults and such...." the teen had trailed off, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple.