『 Shoichi's character development.』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, Zenitsu.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 20]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

    You sat on the branch, bordely waiting for your new friend to come back from threatening everyone. You jolted when he landed next to you.

    "Oh, you're back already?" you smiled at him, giving a small wave, "Welcome back then."

    The white haired demon kneeled, grabbing your chin. "I will not let anyone get in our way." he started.

    "Huh?" he ignored your sound of confusion, continuing his monologue.

   "My wish is that my family will live here in peace. None of them will sever the strings that bind us together. You will join my family." he declared, tilting your face as if to examine it, squishing your it a little with his fingers.

    "Eh, e'm jusht fwine wift befinn fwends..." your words were mispronounced due to him squishing your cheeks.

    "I don't think you understand. You don't have a choice. You will be my fiance." he growled lowly.

    "Huwah?"

    "You heard me."

    "Aw eh did waf owwer oo a pwiece of cawndy hat was wobably foisened ough."

    "Does it look like that matters?"

    "Nwo..."

    "Good." he had huffed, grabbing you by the waist and jumping out of the tree.

    "Hey, that sword was a gift from a friend of mine, can I keep it?" you had asked, gesturing to the blade that you had set against the truck of the tree before climbing it. Yay, you could talk normally now.

    Rui thought for a moment. "If you don't use it to harm your new family. And until we can trust that, I will keep it confiscated." he had reasoned, adjusting his hold on you. You were now in his arms bridal style.