『Excuse me?』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, alcohol, Zenitsu.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

    You glared at the scene in front of you, ignoring the dumb crow that rested on your shoulder, as well as the sparrow who landed on your head. Never mind, you scowled, their claws digging into your shoulder and head. Assholes. You opened your bag, pulling out your flask.

    You ignored the concerned glance Tanjiro sent you when you opened the container. You were aware he knew what it was. Did you care? No. Tilting your head back, you began chugging the alcohol. You were too sober for the bullshit. The sparrow, disturbed by you tilting your head, hopped onto the shoulder closest to your companion, chirping.

    "Oh! I see! I understand! I'll think of a way!" Tanjiro had his seemingly one sided conversation with the stupid fucking bird. You then pocketed your flask, waiting for the effects to kick in. Were you underage? Yes. Did you give a fuck? No.

    "I BEG YOU!!! MARRY ME!!" that same obnoxious voice had screeched, the male clinging to a poor girl. Suddenly, he had been roughly yanked off the female, being held by the back of his haori by the one and only Tanjiro. Stupid fucker. You huffed, furrowing your brows. Maybe you should give him a break, he had absolutely no clue as to why you were upset with him. Oh shit, the liquor must have been traveling fast, huh? [No, no it wasn't you salty bitc-]

    "Hey! What the hell are you doing in the middle of the road?! Can't you see she doesn't want this?! And you're bothering your sparrow too!!" Tanjiro had angrily exclaimed, shaking the blonde back and forth.

    The guy finally shut up before opening his stupid mouth again, "That uniform, you're the guy from the final selection!"

    Tanjiro irked, just who did this guy think he was?! "I definitely don't know anyone like you!" he had denied, letting the boy drop to the ground.

    The cowardly boy screamed, rubbing his tailbone. "EH?! We met though!! You've got memory issues!!!" he accused, rudely pointing at Tanjiro. You merely stood off to the side, amused.

    "Alright young lady, you should head home." Tanjiro ignored the male in favor of speaking with the poor girl. Oh, you knew what was coming. You'd rather not have your ears bleed again 'cause that shit hurts. You walked over before the shorter male got a chance to speak and fucking bitch slapped him. Tanjiro jolted, "(y/n)!!!! What the heck?! I get you've been angry at me but don't take it out on him!!!"