~Chapter Fourteen~

Hhhh enjoy your gay panicking fools while I headbang to the Her's album.

Harry stood beneath the waning moon, feeling the arctic-like breeze press his sweater against his skin. The eeriness in the atmosphere had left with the absence of dementors, and Harry finally felt calm for the first time in a while. His eyes drifted along the empty courtyard from the tall tree he stood under after sneaking out of the dormitories. Pushing soil around with the tip of his shoe, Harry waited for the candle light-like glow of Ron's hair to poke out from the shadows.

"Sorry if I'm late- Hermione kept asking me where I was going. She's been on some kind of sugar high I swear." Ron stumbled from behind a concrete pillar, wearing an oversized hoodie and pants.

"I've not been here long, and it's refreshing. I wanted to do something fun- especially with you." Harry disappeared behind the tree he leaned against, popping back from behind with his new Firebolt in hand. "Wanna give this thing a spin?" Harry gestured Ron over, throwing a leg over the broom.

"'Do I'?" Ron laughed and jumped on behind Harry. Ron wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, feeling his feet lift from the grass.

"Alright.. I'm only just getting -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" Harry and Ron rocketed from the earth, speeding through the sky at an alarming rate as wind pushed into their faces. Harry's scream had quickly turned into a laugh, but Ron was still shrieking, hugging Harry closer to him. Steering through bouquets of clouds, Harry drifted to a nearby cliff edge after a couple minutes of rushing adrenaline and howls of fun.

Sliding off the broom, Harry and Ron shared a giddy expression. Hogwarts looked like a pebble from where the two boys stood. Turning toward the forest ahead, Harry could make out a faint glow in the woods that hooked him in. He took Ron's hand and led him through the misty trees; the haze had a stirring charge in it, keeping the tone around the Gryfindors electric. Harry didn't know where he was going, skipping over stones and roots and taking random turns between trees, hand firmly attached to Ron. The blue glint in the near distance kept him going- but he didn't really know why.

"Where are we going?" Ron called out behind Harry, stepping in Harry's footprints.

Before Harry could answer, he had stumbled upon a small lake. The water was luminescent against the teal grass. Endeavour blue foliage spotted with mushrooms circled the lakeside where a log arched over the lagoon.

"Did you know this was here?" Ron breathed, eyes glued to the lake.

"No I just.. Sort of felt it.."

(I'm fucking balls at pacing I'm so sorry this just hops from scenario to scenario)

Harry steadily walked onto the log, eyeing several inky fish playing through the water. Harry and Ron sat side by side, their shoes tossed aside and their feet half dipped in the cyan pool. A couple minutes flew by in comfortable silence, as radiant white butterflies fluttered past and perched on silvery stones.

"We should do this more often," sighed Ron, smiling softly. "Just us. Maybe sometimes Hermione if she feels like rule breaking." Ron moved his hand over Harry's.

Harry glanced down at their hands, and up at Ron. "Yeah, I.. that would be.." his words fell faint as his eyes mazed their way from Ron's eyes, to his freckles, to his nose, and at last- his lips. Both their hearts hastened as they gradually moved their faces closer.

"Harry..?"

"Yeah..?"

Ron pushed his face into Harry's, sending shots of adrenaline down their spines and through their limbs as Harry placed a hand against Ron's cheek. Being their first ever kisses, they gradually figured out what to do with their lips as they slowly moved together. Briefly parting, Ron and Harry attempted to reposition themselves so their bodies would face each other- but Ron's hoodie snagged on the bark of the log. They stared wide eyed at each other as they fell sideways into the sedentary water.

Veering his head out of the lake, Harry coughed and sputtered water from his lungs. Ron shot through the surface next, gasping with laughter as Harry tried to squint through the blur his absent glasses were supposed to be curing.

"Here," Ron giggled, passing Harry his glasses. Harry poured the pools off his lenses and put them on.

"Hah, thanks, I can see you again," but Harry's sight was still blurry with shock as his face boiled the water around him. They both steadied their postures as slimy seaweed swayed against their kicking feet, struggling to form sentences through foggy windows of fluster.

"I guess I should say," Harry piped up, "I really like you. I mean- I really really like you. It took me some time to actually figure that out and come to terms with it but-" Harry searched Ron's eyes, questioning if everything that had happened was all a fluke. A spur of the moment? The lakes' mysterious ambience? But Harry saw Ron's face glow with a golden tint, his eyes glossy with thunderstruck delight.

"I'd certainly hope so," Ron giggled, "I feel the same, Harry. Actually I think these feelings started all the way back in first year for me."

"Makes two of us." Sugary, glass like bubbles spiralled around the two. They both tilted their heads upward, watching the crystal spheres drift away into the night sky.

"So.. I guess this is the part where I ask you out?" Ron returned his full attention to Harry's glistening, inky hair and pearly eyes. Harry opened his mouth to speak, but found himself surprising Ron by swimming forward and giving him yet another kiss, filled with meaning and delicacy. They sighed peacefully into the kiss, faces bursting with cherry complexion. Bringing his hands to Ron's waist, Harry lost buoyancy and dragged Ron under the water's surface- drawing in a final breath of chilled air before slipping beneath. Harry and Ron shared breathless kisses, sinking further and further to the sandy floor beneath. With water filled clothes weighing them down, Ron released his grip on Harry's collar, and the two boys pushed against the watery earth as hard as they could and ascended over the surface again.

Though they felt as if they'd ascended much higher.

-----

Flying to the lake became a regular occurrence as the end of their third year neared. The two grew closer and closer and even agreed on the 'boyfriend' label.

They'd share secret kisses when nobody was around to stare, grinning against eachother's lips. When they'd arrive back from their lagoon feeling sleepy and small, they'd climb into eachother's arms, blanketed by warm sleep. They had told the other boys in their dorm, in which the general reaction was 'finally', much to Harry and Ron's surprise.

Hermione and Ginny would nudge themselves ecstatically when Harry and Ron would do so much as breathe within a meter of themselves.

(Self projecting?... maybe)

Harry and Ron would stare Draco and his side characters down whenever they had the chance, but Harry began to feel kinda bad when Draco wouldn't even try to shoot back- sorrow filled eyes hiding behind white locks of hair. They agreed to leave him alone- with a few side glances.

But what mattered most was that they were in love. Neither of the boys felt guilt when their hearts would stagger in their presence, now they felt nothing but pure lovesick bliss.

OIZAAA WE'RE DONE WITH ANOTHER but the story has more to go

AND MY BOYS!! Finally hhhhhhhhh *13 yr old me is screeching*

May I also point out that there were NO sexual undertones AT ALL it was just a sweet loving kiss they're only 13.

Anyway stay tuned I'm tired BUT SUMMER HOLIDAYS START NEXT WEEK can't believe imma be a senior :(

K adios

~Lightning Heart~ Rarry FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara