~Chapter Four~

His skeleton will lie in the chamber forever

The hall wore the scarlet letters; they oozed sluggishly through crevices and cracks, clouding in the puddles of water beneath.

Harry, and many other frightened faces examined the words.

"Ron," Harry panicked, "Ron- I need to find Ron." He pushed his way through crowds of afraid students and teachers.

*****

Harry sprinted down the stairs, his heart racing in his chest. He had just been listening in on the teachers talking about who was taken.

Harry skidded to a halt in front of professor Lockhart's office. He crashed his fists onto the door.
"Professor! Professor Lockhart!" Harry's voice began to tremble. Hermione had been petrified, Ron had been taken to the chamber and he was left with Lockhart.
"C-Come in Harry." Harry busted through the door; his tears on the verge of tipping off his eyelids. "My my, what is troubling you?"
"You said you'd get Ron," Harry said firmly, then noticed the room had been stripped, "What are you doing?"
"I've just had a very- erm- urgent call, I must leave immediately."
"You're running away? What about Ron?" Cried Harry.
"Yes, well.." Lockhart struggled for words to say.
"No, you're coming with me."

*****

Lockhart and Harry peered into the gloomy hole in the bathroom.
"Well, you've gotten this far, I'll leave it to-" Harry shoved Lockhart into the depths of the dark tunnel. Harry dangled his legs in the hole, then let his grip slip, and went plummeting into the chamber.

Harry sat in a pile of filthy bones. He stood, eyeing Lockhart. Lockhart and Harry began wandering through long, cloned circular hallways.

Then, without warning, Lockhart tore his wand from his pocket, and aimed it at Harry.
"You silly boy, did you really think I'd let you drag me to my death? You know my secret too, so I think I should use my best spell. Would you know what that is Harry?" But Harry was staring dumb-founded at Lockhart's wand. Lockhart was holding it the wrong way.

"Um.. no sir."

"Memory spells!" He bellowed, his voice bouncing through the chambers. "Sorry Harry, but you leave me with no choice." Lockhart lifted his arm, ready to chant his incantation. "Obliviate!" He bellowed, and his own wand shot a silvery dash at himself, and Lockhart collapsed, along with several rocks and stones from the ceiling.
Harry and Lockhart had been separated, and Harry didn't know if this was good or not, so he continued his search for Ron.

Harry, after many long, drawn-out minutes, had finally reached a chilling, yet promising room. It was lined with ridged snake statues; long, silvery-grey tongues lolling out their many cloned mouths.

A boy lay still on the opposite side of the room, with a bush of matted fiery hair, dirty and un-groomed.

"Ron!" Harry screamed, bolting down across slippery stone tiles. Harry collapsed at Ron's side, not caring about the throbbing pain in his knees from impact. Ron was motionless, his mouth slightly open, and his eyes sealed shut. Harry shaked him urgently, his heart racing.

"He won't wake up," said a sinister voice from the shadows. A boy, slightly older than Harry, stepped into the light. He almost sort of glowed; a thin smile twirling at the end of his lips.
"How can we help him?" Harry's sentences were getting more and more urgent, and began to crack at the pressure.
"His energy is slowly draining into me, Harry."
"Who are you?" Harry was still holding Ron in his arms, his neck limp, hanging with the weight of his head. Riddle smiled and lifted his wand.

After Tom Riddle revealed his true identity, Harry immediately pulled Ron closer to his body.
"Stay away from me.. him" Harry said, startled.

But, in parseltongue, Riddle hissed something; the sinister smile growing.

A large, rocky statue of an old man's face's jaw shifted open, and a pair of yellow, lightbulb-like eyes snapped open.

Harry threw an arm around his eyes, while the other gently released Ron. Harry began to sprint towards the exit, when a fiery shape flew into Harry's view. Harry, still keeping a cautious arm over his brow, peered up to see-

"Fawks!" Harry exclaimed. A rush of relief surging through him. Harry slammed his back into a wall. He peered around the corner to see Hawks pecking at the Basilisk's large, now stained red eyes.

Harry then noticed a familiar brown lump of cloth laying on the cold, stone ground. The sorting hat rested lifelessly beside the twisting, slithering snake, and just barely visible on the inside, was a small silver glint.

Harry scrambled towards the grotesque scene, towards the hat, and pulled a glimmering sword from the filthy hat.

Harry stumbled on the spot, craning his neck to meet two, gushing eye sockets. Harry's grip tightened around the thin handle on the sword, and, without thinking, he bolted back towards the entrance. He waited intensely, hearing the leathery scales drag across the floor. A shadowed head emerged from around the corner, blood trailing down it's face. Harry felt the Basilisk's hot breath ruffle his hair. Then, scrunching his face up, Harry pierced the sword through the basilisks head.

*****

Harry dragged himself towards Riddle, a sword in his hand and a fang in the other.

"No!" He shouted, his face winding into a hideous scowl. "How!? THIS WASN'T MEANT TO-" but Harry chose to ignore his threats and continued towards the brown, tattered diary. "What are you doing??" Riddle eyed Harry as he gripped the basilisk fang in both hands. Harry gave Riddle one fierce glare, and sunk the fang into the centre of the diary.

*****

Harry lay beside Ron, eyes shut, and hand gripping Ron's chest protectively. Then Ron began to stir.

"Mmm.. what.. Wha-"
"Ron!" Harry threw his arms around Ron's neck. "Ron I.. I thought you.." Harry's grip tightened around Ron's shoulders.

"Where on earth.." Ron murmured, peering around the chamber. "Wait.. wait bloody hell Harry I-"

"It's ok," Harry smiled weakly, his hands still holding Ron as he looked into his eyes. "You're safe now."

Ron, looking awfully baffled, yet emotional, exchanged Harry's hug, wrapping himself around Harry. They sat together for a few moments, like nothing else was there in the world but themselves. Eventually Harry heaved Ron up onto his feet, and together, along with Fawks, they limped out of the chamber.

SORRY ISS SO LATE LMAOOOO

Nah but thanks for reading, and NO it didn't end here tf. Next chapter will be on year 3 with Mr Azkaban bOi.