~Chapter Three~

Multiple weeks had flown by. The following morning was cold, grey and the sky was packed with fat, bloated clouds. Classes were normal, but there had been whispers about 'The Chamber of Secrets'. Hermione had wondered if maybe Draco was the heir of Slytherin, so she was brewing up a rather sophisticated potion.

*****

'Tap tap tap'. The bottom of Harry and Ron's shoes waded through puddles of water, flicked drops around as they moved. The entire bathroom had been drenched. A loud sob was echoing throughout the tiled walls.

"Myrtle?" Harry voiced, unsure if speaking to her was a good idea.

"Who is it?" Myrtle snapped back. "Oh it's you.." Her face fell.

"Y-You alright?" Harry shared a confused look with Ron.

"Well, I was just minding my own business thinking about death, when somebody thought it would be funny to throw a book at me. Right through my head!" She soared over to a tinted window sill.

"Who was it?" Harry questioned.

"I don't know, I didn't see them." Myrtle answered, silver translucent tears streaking her misty cheeks. In the very corner of Harry's eye, he noticed a black, grubby book sitting in a dense pool of water. Harry walked his, now heavy with water, shoes towards it. Ron tried to warn him not to pick it up, but he proceeded to. After peeling pages apart, Harry noticed there was nothing inside the soggy sheets. He still decided to keep it, just in case...

*****

Harry flicked the book open, which had now dried, looking brand new and fresh under the flickering fire light. He stared upon it, absentmindedly.

He then dipped his quill into a pottle of ink.

"My.. name.. Is... Harry Potter.." He mumbled as he scribbled down the words into one of many blank pages. The ink faded.

Hello, Harry Potter. My name is Tom Riddle.

Harry's eyes enlarged.
"I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you?" Harry scribbled, his heart pounding.

I am nothing more than a memory than resides in these very pages.

Harry stared down at the words, awestruck.

You alright? 

Harry realised he hadn't replied.
"Oh.. yes."

Something is bothering you. 

Harry squinted at the words. What did they mean?
"What do you mean?"

It's the way you're writing. After being in these pages for so long, I've started to understand how people write when they're feeling a certain way.

"Well.. I guess you could say my thoughts have been colliding with something.."

Go on, I won't tell anyone.

Harry felt comfort at these words. He was given an opportunity to talk about something he couldn't explain to anybody else.

"I've been feeling odd about something. I understand I didn't really grow up very normally, but I just can't put a finger on how I've been feeling."

Are these.. feelings.. about a person?

"Y-" Harry paused, his quill hovering above the page. Was this a good idea? Could the person.. or thing.. even help Harry?

Hahahah, it's alright, I know what you're thinking. I'm no physical being really.. I'm just a bunch of words, I will never tell anyone your secrets. So, what kind of feelings are these?

Harry let out a warm breath of air. The now inky black windows were still and silent. He decided to let all his thoughts and emotions flow into the pages.

*****

Harry hadn't noticed he was holding his breath. He panted, sitting intently on the wooden seat. He stared down at the pages, awaiting response.

Those, Harry, are feelings that you must value. For a while your heart has viewed Ron as more than a friend. These may be temporary, but there is nothing wrong with this. You can choose to tell him, if you think that's the right thing to do, or you can keep talking about them to me, if that helps. Those warm feelings, the need to be around him, it's all your heart trying to speak to you. However, don't deny them, however, because that won't help. Listen to them. You must be very good friends with Ron.

Harry slowly read each word carefully. Shimmering tears rolled down Harry's flushed cheeks. He felt as if boulders had been shifted off his shoulders, and that he no longer had to keep these painful thoughts of his possible abnormality blossoming in his mind. He wiped them away, noticing a couple droplets had tumbled down onto the page.

Don't cry.

"Thank you. I didn't know I needed that."

Haha, ofcourse. Now, keep Ron close, you don't know what dangers lie ahead, so I need you to keep him, and your friends safe.

Harry didn't know if this was an indication to anything, so he shrugged it off.

If you can.

The crimson words slowly crept upon the pages. Harry stared.

Now, isn't it time for you to sleep? I believe it is quite late for you.

"Yes. Thank you. I'll be going now."

Goodnight.

"Goodnight." But a sudden thought cascaded into Harry's mind. "By the way, do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?"

*****

"Harry!" Ron burst through the door. "You alright?" Harry sat still, eyes wide.

"Ah.. y-yes.. yeah.." Harry stuttered. "I think I should go to bed.." Harry slowly rose up, pushing the chair backwards, and began past Ron, but Ron entangled a hand around Harry's long sleeve, making Harry stumble to a pause. He turned his head towards Ron, who looked concerned.

"You have red streaks down your cheeks, and you're really pale.. Harry are you alright? You've seemed a little out of touch recently."

"Sorry Ron, I'm just really tired," Harry rolled his shoulder, making Ron's fingers slip off his sleeve. "We can talk in the morning once I've had some rest, ok?" Harry exited the room.

Ron felt anxious over Harry. He cared for him very much, and wanted him to feel at his greatest. Ron stood in the middle of the small room, looking around, until he spotted a book lying open on a table.

Hello Ron.

Ron rubbed his eyes in disbelief.

"Uhm.. hello?" He replied nervously. He waited. Nothing. Ron tried again, "Hello?" but still the book sat there; it's words sinking away. "Hold on.." Ron dragged the chair beneath him.

"Hello, who are you, and how do you know my name?" Ron scratched into the paper with Harry's quill.

My name is Tom Riddle. I'm a friend of Harry's.

"How do you kno-"

I want you to help me.

"Help you?" Ron wasn't sure if speaking to a book was a wise decision. 

Don't worry, it won't be hard. You'll hardly even know you've helped.

This chapter wasn't as long as the rest, but thank you yellowsuho, for being my very first voter. You gave me warm fuzzies :3

Until the next update~