~Chapter Thirteen~

Uh

Hi

It has been a really long time um

So I reread this story and it's a little cringe especially the last chapter lol but here's to me trying to finish this

I'm pretty sure nobody is gonna even read this chapter at this point :(

BUT YAY WE'RE BACK anyways

"Why can't you love me?" Draco's face was beginning to swell in purple and black stains over his thin, pale structure.

Harry tore Draco's hand from his sleeve, disgust colouring his expression.

"Seriously?" Harry gave his surroundings a quick glance. A tree lay in the dusty flora; branches twisted into lifeless statues. The undergrowth was scuffed and marred, and the fauna was disturbed and unsettled.

"This," he cast an arm around the dour sight, "is not how you get somebody to love you." With that, he abandoned Draco, and went in search of Hermione.

"Then how?" Draco whispered, defeated. He let the back of his head knock into a tree, staring up at the murmuring leaves above. Truth be told Draco was a stranger to love. It looked unapproachable, fierce and alien, and nobody was around to tell him how to embrace it. Everything he tried to do was filtered with fear and hatred. It was all he knew.

Harry pushed through bushes and twigs, the picture of Ron being blackmailed into insufferable treatment enraged him. Unorganised patches of orange bubbles bounced into view as Harry stopped running. Something was missing. Buckbeak was no longer against the rows of pumpkins. He figured Hermione must have taken the opportunity to save him. Harry stealthily ran his way down the hill, vanishing into the shadowed forest beneath. Looking back behind himself to make sure nobody had followed, Harry turned his head to face Hermione looking rather intimidating; her arms crossed sharply with Buckbeak towering behind her, eyeing the dead ferrets hooked on her jean pockets.

"My punch wasn't good enough for you?" her eyes thinned as she leaned forward to invade Harry's comfort, but Harry stood strong.

"No," was all he could manage to say, before the splitting cut of an axe sounded through the air. It was just a pumpkin all along.

"Let's not waste anymore time, then," Hermione snapped, before taking Buckbeak by the chain and running deeper into the woods.

*****

The sky had gone dark, and the light of the full moon glazed over Hermione and Harry as they sat beneath a tree, awaiting drama.

"Hermione, about earlier- I shouldn't have run off like that. In fact, I've been shoving you aside a lot lately. I'm not doing it on purpose it's just- I've been.. confused lately, I suppose."

Hermione's once fierze gaze had softened. She let Harry continue.

"Draco's been blackmailing Ron," Harry's eyes fell away from Hermione.

"What!?" Hermione whisper-screamed, dread filling her eyes. "How?? What kind of blackmail?"

"He's been hurting Ron, brandishing his usual threat- and worse. I couldn't just let him off."

"But why? What's Ron done-"

"Nothing." Harry briefly met Hermione's eyes. "Nothing bad."

"What aren't you telling me?" Hermione shifted closer to Harry, placing a warm hand on his shoulder. "You can tell me anything, you know that."