~Chapter Six~

Harry shifted in his seat, leaning his head against the window. He was sitting beside Ron, who had taken a prank sweet from Fred which had made him fall asleep almost instantly; Fred left the compartment sighing because it seemed that wasn't the sweets desired reaction.

The sun had sunk below the horizon, leaving the sky black like the feathers of a raven, speckled with stars.

Hermione had her nose buried in a book, and an unfamiliar man lay opposite Harry, also asleep.

Ron awoke with a startle as the train shuddered abruptly with a halt.

"Jesus-" The lights had died out, killing all conversations on board.

Everything happened so suddenly, and it all seemed to pass so quickly. The swaying water inside Ron's drink bottle began to crack and stiffen as the room glistened in the cold. Ron made a small whimpering sound as the familiar rumble of an opening door sounded beside him. The air tensed, along with everybodies muscles, and the clouds of warm breath seemed to have vanished in harmony.

Everything was cold.

Harry felt the pit of his stomach drop at the deafening sound of a woman's scream. All the silhouettes surrounding him seemed to dance around and cross over as Harry noticed he was slipping off the edge of his seat. A sudden blinding light swallowed the darkness, and the last thing Harry saw was a large, hollow mouth, and the sound of his head meeting the floor.

*****

"H.. Ha.. Har~" Voices and images were swirling around in Harry's head. Opening a single, emerald green eye, Harry noticed black, orange and brown blurs swimming around him.

"Harry!" Hermone's voice snapped Harry back into reality. Both his eyes snapped open and he was met with Ginny, Neville, Ron and Hermione looking panicked over him. Groaning, he sat up and noticed the man who was sleeping silently in the corner was now watching him with kind eyes.

"Ah, Harry!" he smiled, reaching into his pockets. "Here, take this," he pulled out a chunk of chocolate. "It's just chocolate, it'll make you feel better." Harry nibbled the end of the chocolate slice and, to his surprise, it sent a wave of warmth through his body. "My name is Remus Lupin, but I prefer professor Lupin." He smiled warmly. Ron was looking Harry in the eyes intensely. Harry turned his eyes to Ron's.

"A-Are you alright?" He stuttered, still looking Harry in the eyes. "I thought you were having a fit or something.. but then you had passed out.. and the lights were on.. oh and h-he-"

"Ron, I'm fine," Harry placed a hand on his shoulder reassuringly, though a strange emptiness was residing deep inside him.

Ron's brow furrowed, and he slowly nodded, still keeping his eyes locked on Harry's.

Eventually Hogwarts became visible through thick curtains of rain, and the train slowed to a stop.

*****

Harry lay in bed thinking about various things. He had overheard a conversation of Mr and Mrs Weasley about an escaped murderer who was out to kill Harry. Harry had very mixed emotions over this topic. Turning over in his bed to face Ron, who lay in his own scarlet covered bed, Harry let out a small sigh. Harry couldn't make Ron out through the darkness very well, but his usual snores weren't filling the silence. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off-

"Harry?" came a small voice from the bed beside Harry's.

"Yeah?" answered Harry. His eyes began to adjust to the darkness and the familiar pale redhead clouded into view.

"It's- It's two in the morning Harry, what on earth are you doing up?"

Harry's breath caught in his throat. Had he been lying there awake for that long? It only felt like five minutes. Harry couldn't think of an answer, so instead went with-

"What are you doing up, Ron?" he chuckled, but Ron stayed silent. "R-Ron?-"

"I've had stuff on mind.." Ron said, his voice barely audible. "It's oddly cold too.. Don't you think?"

Harry was aware there were dementors swarming the castles, but never thought they would make the air so bitter with cold at night.

"Yeah.. how about we both get some sleep now eh?" but Harry's reply was no more than a small snore from Ron, who had fallen asleep.

"Sweet dreams, Ron."

I would like to say SORRY OMG IT'S SO SHORT AND I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WHILE BUT I HAD SCHOOL STUFF AND FAMILY STUFF AND I TRIED MY HARDEST TO WRITE MORE BUT I NEED TO REST FOR A SECOND THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER I PRETTY PROMISE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

K thanks lmao