Friends?

Hey guys. This will be the point where I depart from the usual Arcane story and make up bits of my own. Just a heads up.

You held Jinx close to you, hoping she wasn't too far gone.

In all honesty, this was a gamble. If she wanted, all she had to do was point the gun at your head and fire.
But why would you care? She was the reason you were out here.

Holding her close, you readied yourself for what could be your final moments. And you made peace with the fact that they would be with what remained from your family.

But then you were surprised. You heard a sound of metal falling on the ground before you felt her hands wrap around you and she started to sob lightly.

"It's okay. There you go. Let it out. It's gonna be a lot. But you can take all the time you need.", You spoke to her softly as she started to cling and really cry into your chest, like she used to do. She cried. Loudly. But other than that the bridge was silent, that night.

"I just wanted to help... It was an accident...", She whimpered softly.
"I know. I know.", You reassured her.

It must have been close to half an hour. You had to sit down as Jinx was about to lose her balance as her legs started to give out under the stress in her system.
You just kept her close as she cried her heart out. You could almost feel every trauma hitting her on the way out.

"You should hate me... Why don't you hate me...", She whimpered between sobs.
"Well, he should! Y/N, she killed Lyse! She killed many of the Firelights! Are you just going to forgive her?!", Ekko yelled.

You felt Jinx's hold tighten. You simply responded by shushing and softly rocked her sixe to side.
"Ekko. That comes later."
"What?! Have you lost your mind? She's a murderer!"
"And do you think she would've done that if you brought her to the Firelights?", You asked calmly, trying to use your tone of voice to calm Jinx down.

Unbeknownst to Ekko and the rest, you just wanted her to calm down. One misstep and she would still blow your brains out. You knew this. You were once at that stage. Ready to drink blood, just for revenge.

But you didn't hear him retort. Instead, he just seemed to sulk.
"Firelights forever, man. But we all make mistakes. You, me, Jinx, Vi. We'll talk about it. Just... Not tonight.", You responded calmly.

After a while, she seemed to be able to to calm down, as she slowly let go. You looked down to see your jacket had gone wet by all her tears.

"Geez. If you wanted me to buy a new jacket, you could've just said so.", You joked at her. She giggled silently.
"Wow. I needed that. Like, for a couple of decades now.", She spoke with a smile.
"Better?", You asked.
"Yes. Much better."
You got up and pulled her up with you.
"What do we do now?", She asked.
"Feel like we should catch up, before anything. And I need to find you a new nickname, considering your new name."
You smiled.
As you turned, you suddenly had a different gun pointed at you. Caitlyn's.
"Caitlyn!", Vi spoke sternly.
"She's a criminal, Vi. And he's going to try and keep her safe. She should stand trial.", She spoke in a self-righteous tone of voice.
"Gee, Vi. Keep your puppy on a leash, will ya?"

Caitlyn seemed to have no intent to move. In fear of Jinx falling into old habits, you simply leaned forward.
"Tell ya what. I'm giving you a chance to lower your weapon and we forget all this happening. And then, we work on getting the real mastermind of this all."
"You mean going after Silco? My brother wants her. She's accountable for many deaths!"
"Then, your friend is welcome to try and take her. Be sure to tell him that she's just a scared girl, traumatised over decades, before he does so. He needs to make an informed decision when he wants to throw his life away."

"What's that supposed to mean!", Caitlyn snarled.
"You know EXACTLY what it means. Now be smart and lower your gun. Pull that trigger and you'll be back to square one. Make your choice."
You just stared at her as she looked back, visibly struggling.
Vi made the decision in her stead, lowering her gun by grabbing it at the front and slowly pushing it down.
"Y/n. We shouldn't be fighting each other.", Vi turned to you.
"No, we shouldn't. But some seem rather intent on it."
"You know why...", Ekko exclaimed.
"Yes. Because she killed. But she killed in someone's name. Now, you'd have to be blind AND foolish not to see that.", You spoke.
"You're defending her?! After she killed Lyse?!", Ekko said, getting in your face.
"Yes.", You spoke calmly.
"She'd be ashamed of you!", He exclaimed.
You closed your eyes, attempting to keep every bit of emotion in. Lyse. Would she truly be ashamed.
"No, Ekko. She'd be proud of me for looking beyond a veil, rather than looking at the surface of someone and judging them too early."
Silence fell between you.
Jinx was almost hiding behind you.
"Look. I know. Okay? I know what she's done. But abandoning her now would just make things worse. I know how little sense it makes to you guys. About just as much when I first realized Vi and Powder were still alive. You don't wanna support me, that's fine. But I'm not letting her get taken away.", You explained yourself as you looked at everyone.
"Vi. She's your sister. You didn't want to abandon her. Neither would I."
She simply nodded in response.
"Ekko. I know, okay. I miss Lyse. A lot. But all this is because of one exact person. Silco. If not for him, none of this would've happened. We blame Jinx, the real rat gets away. Again."
He simply scoffed and looked down.
"And you.", You felt like you snarled those words at Caitlyn.
You took a step towards her as she looked at you.
You simply sighed.
"You're right. She has done terrible things. But it all happened because of people abandoning her. Because of the worst kind of trauma. You don't wanna believe me, that's fine. But she's my family. You wanna look for a scapegoat? A guilty one? Is that what the higher ups want?"
Caitlyn simply nodded. A deep sigh emanated from you.
"Fine. Take me, then."
Everybody gasped at that statement.
"What?", You heard weakly behind you.
You turned to Jinx.
"Well. Things went wrong. They want someone to pay. If they get you, I'll never be able to see you again. I can't live like that. Not anymore.", You told Jinx, your hand over hers.
"But then I can't see you!"
"Please. You think they can keep me in there?", You joked.
Vi and Ekko interjected. You would have none of it.
"Sorry, Y/N. While it would be plausible to draw you as. 'the bad guy', they'd still require Jinx."
You looked towards Caitlyn.
"Fine. Then you're taking none of us.", You pushed Jinx behind you.
"Wait! Guys. We have an advantage!", Vi exclaimed.
"Silco needed the orb. For something."
"A weapon.", You heard behind you.
"We can tell them Powder brought it to us. That would clear some of that, right?"
Caitlyn thought it through.
"It's a long shot. But worth a try."
"So that mean you're not going to go trigger happy?", You ask Caitlyn.
"No promises.", She smirked.

You decided it best that Ekko, Vi and Caitlyn would go ahead and go to PiltOver, while you and Jinx should lay low for the time.
Jinx seemed to protest at Vi leaving, but you promised she'd return.
"And you can't really doubt my word, can you?"
"Fine...", She begrudginly agreed.
"Tell you what. I still gotta pass by the old hideout. Gotta pick something up. We'll go there and hang out. Catch up. I'm not gonna be able to sleep after all this anyway."
"I don't know. That place holds bad memories?"
"Oh, did you hate the memories about me that much?", You laughed.
"That's not what I meant.", Jinx said angrily.
"I know, I know. Look, you don't have to join me there. You don't have to go in. I just want to keep you close right now. I don't wanna lose you again.", You said as you held out your hand.
She softly took it as you both walked back to the Lanes.
"Me neither.", She whispered softly to herself.