Chapter Forty-Four: I DO

Start from the beginning

"You smell awful!" She shouted in my face before pushing me back on the bed.

"Go take a shower!"

"The wedding is at five!" I screamed at her, throwing the pillow in her face.

"What time do you think it is, eight in the morning? It's four thirty!"

"NO?" I said scrambling to see the time.

"It's actually three thirty but you have make up to do and I want to fix your hair." She said frustrated with my stubborn ways.

"Okay, I'll go shower."

"Yea you do that for about an hour." She said and I laughed.

I got out of the shower fifteen minutes later and she applauded.

"Smells like flowers in here."

"You're such a drama queen!" I said before standing with a wide grin.

"I'm going to be a bride!" I said twirling in my underwear.

"Yes you are."

"I've thought about the whole program thing with the wedding and all." I said turning to look at myself in the mirror.

"Come, let me do your makeup, you can talk while I work my magic!" She said pulling me to the chair and pulling out her pallet.

"What about it?" She asked before starting on my eyebrows.

"It's a new chapter in my life, the wedding that is and I don't think I want to rush into a child"-

"What does the wedding have to do with the child?" Malia said cutting me off.

"It's just, he doesn't want it and I don't think I should burden him with that type of responsibility."

"A child is not a burden, the child is also not his responsibility it is yours, as your future husband he should accept and love what ever decision you make and trust that it is the right one." Malia said smiling down at me and I smiled before hugging her.

"I love you, do you know that?" I said sniffing.

"You don't have a choice, now come! Don't mess up my makeup before it's done!" She said making me laugh and fan the tears back.

When she was finished she helped me with my hair. She had it in an updo with flowers beaded around it like a tiara. Of course I still wanted a crown because I was a princess, a princess getting married.

She helped me carefully put on my dress and I smiled at myself in the mirror. My father pushed the door lightly and I smiled widely before turning to him.

"Look! I'm a bride, a real BRIDE PAPA!" I said my voice faint.

"You were always a real bride." He said walking closer to me.

"My little Sore Loser, my little pea, my sweet Lou Lou." He said and I was fighting every urge in me to start crying.

"You're getting so big but don't matter how big, papa will always love you and protect you." He said holding my face and I smiled into his hand.

"I love you papa." I said hugging him.

"There's someone here to see you." He said stepping aside and I saw Alister in a suit with a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Alister!" I chuckled happily seeing him and he ran over to me.

"You look so beautiful Louisa." He said hugging me.

"Thank you." I said kissing his forehead.

"I'm sorry daddy couldn't make it, he said he had work." Alister said and my smile faltered a bit but I brought it back up. I couldn't be sad on my wedding day, Atticus made his decision, he was not coming.