Chapter Twenty-Five: Therapy

~Louisa POV~

It has been two weeks since Ethan was away in prison for good, two weeks feeling relieved that he wasn't still out there harming other women, two weeks since we left Hawaii. Malia and I became really close friends, she ended up staying with her family, explaining to them where she's been all this time and me, well I was enjoying my role as a nanny.

Alister's birthday was coming up and he was really excited and I was too, I hardly saw Atticus around, he said he had a lot of work stuff going on so I just brushed it off but everything ran smoothly.

"So how was your week Miss Stone." Miss Lola asked me, I also got a therapist, to help me release all the traumatic burden that I've been carrying around for some time, I have Atticus to thank for this.

"My week was, relaxing." I told her breathing in and out with a soft smile on my face, I couldn't help it with how happy I am. She smiled and wrote something down before raising her head to look at me.

"And-how are you mentally grasping that your ex boyfriend is in prison for his crimes?"

"I mean, how would you feel Miss Lola?" I asked her chuckling. "It's this unexplainable happiness, I feel like the air is more clear, I've been released." I told her smiling brightly then covering my mouth.

"I'm sorry."

"Never apologize for your happiness." She said smiling and I smiled back.

"Yay-look at me-ha-I'm happy!" I said throwing my hand up in the air before laughing, I felt like a child.

"How's your relationship with Alister?"

"He's a great kid, has so much potential to be a great young man one day, I adore him." I said talking about Alister.

"And his father, how's the relationship with his father." She said and I thought about Atticus. We weren't together, we just had occasional sex, a peck here a peck there but that was it.
I'm shocked I never brought the question up but I guess I don't want to complicate things. Come to think of it, is he still sleeping with other women, I mean we're not together but it was still a concern.

"Miss Stone? Was it a sensitive topic?" She asked with raised brow.

"Um-no- we are just fine." I told her smiling and she stared at me before turning to jot down something.

"What are your plans for the day?"

"I don't know yet Miss Lola but I guess living right is the best thing I can do right now and more days, weeks, months and years to come." I answered positively and she smiled before putting a sticker on my chart.

She was a sweet old lady and I loved that she made me feel comfortable by listening to my problems and trying to help where ever she can.

"Same time tomorrow Miss Stone." She said and I nodded before getting up. I was still thinking about what she said earlier about Atticus and it had me puzzled.
I got into the car and drove home, at the stop light, I lightly bobbed my head to the music while I waited. The woman in the car next to me looked at me as if I were mad and I wind my window down to speak to her.

"I'm alive! I'm not dead! I'm happy!" I screamed at her and her eyes widened even more but the light turned green and I drove off.

I arrived home to see Alister playing in the yard with the maids' children.
I stepped into the house and went straight to the kitchen. I took an apple out and sat on the kitchen island.

I heard the door open and shut and my head turn into Atticus's direction. He was on the phone speaking to someone in French. He mouthed Good afternoon to me before he switched back to French, he went into the fridge and took a water bottle out and continued quarreling with someone on the phone.