Chapter Forty-One: Birthday Bash

~Louisa POV~

I can't believe my birthday was coming up and I forgot about it. June fifteenth, Nathan wanted to have the wedding in summer time so we were already busy with the planning.
I looked at the calendar and it read June fourteenth and I just stared at it blandly. The last time I enjoyed my birthday was the first year spent with Ethan after that, it wasn't that big of a deal. My phone has been buzzing all day, I assume it was my child sending me emails but although I rejoined the program, anxiety still had a hold on me as I was afraid to see what that child was saying.

I'd also like to meet the child to see how she is and I feel as if I would get too attached, so I decided to ignore. The second I decided to start ignoring my phone, it rang.

"Hello."

"Hey how are you?" Atticus asked.

"I'm stressed, all this planning has me exhausted, planning a wedding is so hard." I whined like a baby and he laughed making something stir up inside my stomach.

God stop Louisa, you're getting married to another man. You shouldn't have certain reactions to Atticus anymore.

"Any tips? You had a wedding before."

"I rather not talk about my wedding." He said playfully.

"How's she?"

"She's-she's gone." He said and I was silent on the phone for some time.

"You told her about Ciara?"

"That and she lied about being Alister's mother." He said and I gasped.

"That bitch!" I said and he laughed, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud.

"How's Alister? How are you?"

"He's okay, he handled it well, you know he's brave and I'm amazing." He said and I smiled through the phone.

"It wasn't working so it was for the best." He said and I fists bumped the air.

"Maybe it is, for the best." I said and an awkward silence bestowed us before he started speaking again.

"So-what are you doing for your birthday." He asked curiously.

"I really don't know, I haven't thought about it."

"You're getting so old, twenty-nine, whew-a big number." He said dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"You're turning forty."

"No I'm not." He said making me roll my eyes.

"It's okay old man."

"There isn't anything old about me, you know that very well Louisa." He said that lowly in my ear sending an electric feeling to my core.

"I might just stay in for my birthday." I said changing the topic.

"No, you can't do that, I wouldn't let you do that. Let me take you, Malia and Nathan out." He said calmly.

"Atticus, it's really okay, I can't let you do that."

"It's a good thing I wasn't asking then." He said and I can feel him smirking through the phone.

"Okay fine." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'll text you the address of the place, all you have to do is pass on the message and wear something extraordinary." He said and I smiled before laughing.

"I will, thank you." I said sweetly before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Nathan said coming out of the room and drinking some water.