Chapter Three: Taste of Rome

~Louisa POV~

Tonight was my first night working at Taste of Rome. I spent the morning looking for appropriate shoes to move around with and appropriate hairstyles on Pinterest to put my hair in. I placed on some baggy clothing and headed down to the restaurant.

I hopped off the bus and gaped at the amount of cars on the road all heading to eat at 'Taste of Rome'.
I did my own background research on it and it was indeed a magnificent place that has been around for 10 years. Miss Mellisa, the sassy woman who hired me who was in fact the owner had the restaurant passed down to her by her mother and her mother by her grandmother.

It was indeed a beautiful establishment and they were indeed keeping it in the family. I was given my clothes, more like have them shoved to me by the rude girl named Monica.

For some reason she thought I was here to steal her position but I just needed money. She was 18 working to pay off her college debts and she was the most spoiled brat I ever saw.

I got dressed and they let me take orders and simply showed people where to sit.
I wasn't allowed to take food because apparently you needed a certain level of skill for that.

My night was filled with 'right this way sir' or 'right this way ma'am' or 'of course I can clean the spill your spoiled brat made because he has no respect for others'. I was complaining but I wasn't.

It was now ten o'clock the place was less busy but a different set of persons arrived. It seemed as if the rich came from seven to nine thirty and the filthy rich came at 10. They came with the big orders. I would like to have the lobsters or the oysters or give me a whole octopus.
I cleaned the kitchen after the staff made a mess, I wasn't being treated fair but I remained polite.

"HE'S HERE, okay, everyone stay calm, REMAIN CALM!" Mellisa started screaming but she was the only one freaking out.

Her face was filled with makeup like the night before. It looks as if she puts on a performance for special guest because she is so mean to the other guest.
She gives the staff orders to give me, she never speaks to me directly, it's as if she is disgusted by me.
"Patricia." She called out and I looked around to see who she was talking to.
"Patricia!" No one answered but their eyes were all on me. I turned to her and she looked at me with widened eyes waiting for me to respond.

"My name is Louisa...it's literally on my shirt, you can't miss it." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"You're new here so I have to let you know, Mr Cattaneo is a very special guest of mine. He came here last night to check out the restaurant and he's coming again once more, I'd like everything to be perfect, don't screw things over, got it?" She said and I nodded.

"Good, because if things go well tonight, he's going to be with the woman of his dreams." She said turning and smiling into the air.

Wow, this woman was full of herself. The vehicle pulled up and she shooed everyone away.

She didn't want any of the waiters standing next to her, she felt it was threatening to her beauty. She wanted to be the only one who caught Mr Cattaneo's eyes.
I scurried behind the desk and the girls pushed me around until I reached the back, out of sight out of mind but I was still seeing what was going on.
He jumped out of the driver's seat and fixed his suit as he walked around the other side of the vehicle. He opened the door and a little mixed boy jumped out wearing casual clothes, his hair ruffled just like Mr. Cattaneo.

He held his hand and walked into the restaurant.
Miss Mellisa's smile faltered quickly and turned into a scowl but it was lifted into a smile just as quick. He has a son.
I said more to myself than to anyone in particular. So he probably has a wife as well, so why was Mellisa going after him?