CHAPTER 3 - Perfect Strangers

Start from the beginning

Confused, I shrugged my shoulders. "So..? Why is everyone making such a big deal of this?"

"Because she's-" Yuri began to speak only to be immediately interrupted by Rosé who ushered me quickly over towards the door.

"We better get back to class! I'll see you guys at the cafe later, right?" She waved as we hurriedly exited the club room.

I should have asked why she was so adamant to leave but instead turned the conversation back towards a happier, less puzzling theme.

"Are you guys going somewhere tonight?"

She smiled as we wandered back along the hallway towards "No, just meeting at the café. My mom and dad have started letting live musicians play a couple of times a week and it's so inspiring. Tae's performing tonight, you'll love it Lisa. She's so talented. She sings with such passion, it's honestly amazing."

She seemed to have a far off look in her eyes as she spoke of Taeyeon. Excited to see her perform, I wondered if Rosé too had dealt with her stage fright. "Do you perform too?"

Looking at me with a horrified look, she instantly shook her head. "In front of everyone?! I can't, you know I'm shy about sharing my songs, Lis."

"But you're really talented, Rosé. You study music and you have a gift, don't waste it." My dad had often said the same when I was dancing. Secretly, I wanted nothing more than to make him proud and successfully become a professional dancer alongside some of the world's biggest music talent.

She hummed in contemplation as we arrived at my next class just before the bell was about to ring. "Maybe one day I will..."

A few hours later after further study and endless revision, we met up again outside the school gates. I'd tried every excuse to simply walk home as opposed to getting the dreaded ride but Rosé insisted we had no choice. Besides, I needed to give back the jacket that kept attracting a strange amount of unwanted attention.

As we stood outside the building growing impatient as the clock passed 3:15pm, a lavish black car with private licence plates parked up beside the curb. It was certainly an exclusive design rarely seen but Rosé seemed to recognise the opulent car.

Tired of waiting, I turned to leave only to be distracted by a familiar voice calling out across the grounds. I sighed, glancing at the floor.

"Lisa! I'm so glad you're still here! I was afraid you'd left already." Jennie ran towards me catching her breath as she smiled widely. I ran my hand through my hair, glaring towards Rosé who seemed sheepishly quiet.

"Trust me I tried..."

Ignoring my comment, she signaled towards the driver of the car. "I'm sorry I was a little late. Urgent matters to attend to. Anyway, my chauffeur's here. Shall we go?"

A tall man, dressed in a black suit and hat immediately followed orders, opening the passenger door to the back of the car. Jennie and I sat next to one another in the large back seat which had a row of seats facing one another.

But in front of her was someone else, a girl I'd been intrigued by all morning since seeing her picture in the photograph with Rosé.

She was elegantly dressed and sat perfectly proper in her seat with her arms placed neatly on her lap as though she was preparing for a photograph. Her light brunette hair cascaded over her shoulder.