PROLOGUE - A Psycho's Path

"People aren't always as they seem."

Truer words were never said. Wouldn't you agree? Forbidden desires crawling in the depths of every soul in this twisted and chaotic world we live in. If you look closely, you can see it too in each and every pair of eyes. The unspeakable truths that manifest themselves as we all try to hide who we really are.

No one is an exception to this but some people like me are just better at mastering a double life. My deception was done with good intentions though. We were happy together in our own fantasy as truthfully I'd always believed your naivety in our relationship was secretly been part of your charm.

And it was all so perfect... until you had to go and ruin everything with your endless doubts. Why did you listen to others and not to me? Was I not good enough for you? I feel no shame in admitting that when you told me you didn't care anymore, it shredded my heart into tiny pieces. So I did what was necessary to win you back and I feel no remorse in that.

Of course you were never innocent in all of this. You stole my heart and invaded my mind filling me with the fantasies I craved. Is it any wonder that I had to lie to get the happily ever after we truly deserved?

But you see... lies are like poison.

They rise slowly through your veins, coursing up and through every corner of your body at an alarming rate until you no longer recognise yourself. I didn't want to lie to you but you really left me no choice.

One by one, they tried to take you away. I couldn't let that happen. So I took my revenge in the form of a game, a game of sweet justice. They deserved their punishments for ever daring to cross me but I never meant to deceive you. It's just... how else was I supposed to convince you to trust me? How else was I supposed to stop you from leaving? You made me do all of this and for that, you must accept your share of the guilt.

You entice me in my mornings and bewitch me in my nights until all my dreams become consumed by thoughts of you. It's like a strange sort of witchcraft, a supernatural hold you possess that makes me do the most unspeakable of things. The addiction I have for you is electrifying, as though a fire burns so brightly within me setting my heart alight.

I would choose you in a hundred lifetimes, write our story in a hundred words and, in each version that I tell, I would rewrite every line until it perfectly replicates my undying love for you. Read my mind like I read yours and you'll see how far my thoughts of you truly delve. You were mine before we even met. We were destined to be together, to find one another in this cruel, lonely world.

But Jagiya despite our perfect romance, I knew you were hurting. It was evident on your pretty face. Your hopes and dreams were a distant memory as you fell into a pit of anguish and despair crafted by the neglect of those you loved the most. But you must remember, I don't see you like they do. You were right, they don't care about you. They never did and unlike me, they never will.

For you see to me you're perfect, exactly as you are. An angel sent from above, a guiding light that has restored my faith in all that is good and pure. I dream of protecting you and all I ask for in return is for you to love me unconditionally without an ounce of hesitation. Is that so wrong?

And yet because of these loving desires, they tell me I'm insane. That I'm a psychopath. Naturally, I didn't take kindly to such accusations as they attempted to belittle what we have. And so just like the others, I got rid of them too. I did all of this for you. Perhaps I am a little crazy at times but on reality aren't we all? Maybe I have been driven down the path of madness but remember it was always you who led me there.