CHAPTER 38 : "A betrayal in the mafia cannot be forgiven."

AUTHORS POV

Officer Kennedy was impatient to read the letter from Vincent. He didn't wait to reach the station house instead he pulled over in the middle of his way towards the station he got out of his jeep.

Taking out a cigarette, he held it in between his lips with a lighter he lit the ciggarette. Inhaling and exhaling the smoke few times he finally took out the letter that was on his shirt pocket.

The letter from his enemy... the person he has been after, over a year now. He has tried every possible way to track this person and when he finally knows who the real Vincent is, he doesn't have enough proof against him.

He was mad at himself, he couldn't get Vincent.

I know you consider me as your biggest enemy and I am honoured to take that spot, really. Apologies for fooling you and leading to dead ends again and again. You were just an obstacle in my way whom I couldn't kill so had to plan other ways.

My father wasn't any good person neither am I but we were happy in our family. Something happened and within few minutes I lost everything. You must be thinking so many kills is just because he killed my father. No. It is not just because he killed my Dad, it's because they raped my sister, Ivy. Yes they... there were five of them who did it. She was our life, we treated her like a princess. And you know the worst part, I was helplessly listening to my little sister's screams unable to do anything, she was crying for her brother to save her but I failed her. How bad of a brother I would've been if I didn't take revenge?

Very bad. I failed her once, not again.

Few things I didn't get properly, without a betrayal the incident wouldn't have happened. Connor's father was a loyal man and he did his job well, when he knew he couldn't fight them he hid clues for us leading me the person who betrayed us.

Now why would I need a clue? Because I heard everything that was happening, right?

That day, I didn't hear the one person who was involved in this betrayal. The one person who has still managed to stay disguised.

That person is my own mother.

Don't worry, you won't get any other murder news. She's already dead in everyone's eyes with my Dad and Ivy.

But I ain't stopping without killing her, though she is my mother but a betrayal in the mafia is a crime too. About Simon Cameron he is dead, I think you are smart enough to know what statement should you give to the media.

--Vincent.

After reading the letter Officer Kennedy stood in his place and continued smoking, with a light smile plastered on his lips.

No, he did not make any move to go back to that mansion, he did not make any move to go back and stop Vincent from committing another murder.

THE NEXT DAY

RAFAEL MARTINEZ

Just one more person, then finally this revenge will be over. 

My own mother.

I sat on the couch in the living room holding a gun in my hand and on the other hand I had a glass of wine.

Olivia entered the room with Mom looking all happy.

Mom said "Why are you sitting in here all alone? And where's Connor?"

"He'll be here soon." I replied staring straight at nothing exactly, sipping wine from the cup.

Olivia spoke "Vincent, is everything okay?"