CHAPTER 34 : "Just know one thing I can never hate you."

HAZEL MARTINEZ

When I woke up my eyes fell on the clock resting on the bedside table, it was 2 am.

Too early.

I can sleep more.

As I turned to my left, to my surprise Rafael was sleeping beside me, he looked peaceful.

When did he come here?

I stared at him for sometime with a light smile spread on my lips. It's been long since we slept together, since he held me close to himself. I touched his forehead to remove the hairs falling on his forehead but as soon as my hand came in contact with his skin... He is burning.

Sitting up on the bed I shook him "Rafael." But no reply. Again I called him "Rafael, open your eyes please." I called him few more times but he was just not showing any movement. Removing the covers, I was about to call Connor for help but as soon as the covers were off, all I saw was red... there was blood on his shirt.

I froze for a moment.

"C-Connor." I muttered in a scared voice but how can he hear me he was sleeping in his room. Picking up Rafael's phone from the table, with shaky hands I called Connor.

"Please tell me pal, he is dead." He answered in a sleepy voice.

"C-Connor, Rafael... R-Rafael."

"Haze? Why are you answering? Where's Vincent?"

"H-He is injured, I don't know what happened, please call the doctor. He's bleeding so much."

"Just a minute Haze, I'm coming."

Hanging up I managed to unbutton his shirt, there was a huge cut on the area just above his waist, it was like he was stabbed. Connor entered my room after sometime when he saw Rafael his eyes widened.

"What the hell!" He sat beside Rafael "What happened?"

"I-I don't know. When I woke up, I found him beside me. Please do something. He's bleeding so much."

"I called the doctor. He's on his way."

I nodded praying for Rafael to be okay.

After few minutes the doctor came to check on Rafael. After treating the wound, he tied a bandage around Rafael's waist also he gave few medicines and asked someone to get all the medicines. When the doctor left, Rafael was moved to his own room. The doctor said that he would be fine and not to worry too much, it wasn't too late for the treatment.

Rafael's mother was continuously glaring at me but I tried to ignore her and put my focus on him.

I hope you wake up soon Rafael. Don't make me wait too long.

"Are you happy now?" I looked beside me to see Rafael's Mom standing.

"What?" I asked in confusion standing up from my seat.

"You are the reason for his condition." She said.

I stared at her in disbelief "Me?"

"Yeah you. He is lying there because of you. Connor found you beside him sleeping but how did he get there and what is the surety that you didn't stab him?"

"Mrs. Salvatore, what are you even saying? Haze would never do that." Connor said taking a step towards us but she stopped him signalling him with her hand.

"Don't Connor. Let me talk to her." She again turned her attention to me "Tell me, did your brother asked you to stab my son, to kill him? I was so right about you."