CHAPTER 30: "You should hate me for whatever I have done"

HAZEL MARTINEZ

I was sitting looking out of the window all I could think was what Simon did to Rafael's family. Like Connor described Simon, I felt like I didn't know this Simon. My Simon would never be this heartless to enjoy raping someone.

Why Simon? Why?

Was I really blinded not to see the real you?

Getting up I made my way towards the bedside table picking up a glass I poured water from the jug and drank the water but as I was placing it back on the table it slipped from my hand and fell on the floor breaking into pieces.

I sighed.

I am clumsy af.

As I took a step forward to clean the mess I just created, I felt pain in the arch of my leg.

"Ouch!"

I looked down to see a glass piece in my leg.

Told ya I am clumsy af.

I managed to drag myself with one leg to the bed and sat on the bed scanning my leg. I took out the glass piece and just sat on the bed with my leg hanging out of the bed, not knowing what to do, there was blood on the floor too.

What can I do?

I just kept seated on the bed unmoving with tears in my eyes but the blood was not stopping even a bit.

No. The blood isn't the reason of my tears, it's all the recent events. I just want to hide myself somewhere and cry all day.

Suddenly the door of my room opened revealing a maid, she had a tray in her hand filled with food but as soon as she witnessed the mess in the room then me her eyes widened.

"Can you take me to the washroom, please?" I requested her.

She looked at my leg then back at me "I can but first I have to inform Sir about it."

"No it's fine. You don't have to trouble him. I'll just wash it."

"I'm sorry but I'll have to inform him." Before I could stop her, she ran out of the room in panic mode.

Now I am going to get a nice scolding.

Few minutes later, Rafael came inside the room with of course Connor following him.

He looked at the floor where the broken glass pieces were lying then at me, who was sitting on the bed holding her leg with blood flowing down her leg. I looked at him with teary eyes.

He sighed figuring out the situation I created for myself.

"Call the doctor." He ordered Connor then asked the maid to clean the glass pieces lying on the floor.

Rafael went inside the washroom then came out with a bowl in his hand, he kneeled in front of me lifting my injured leg.

He dipped the cloth in the warm water and applied pressure with the cloth to stop the bleeding.

"Ah! Slow. Slow." I hissed in pain.

He once looked at me then again went back, this time cleaning the wound slowly, trying not to hurt me. After cleaning the wound, he wrapped a cloth around the arch of my leg and waited for the doctor.