CHAPTER 6: RUDE ASS

HAZEL MARTINEZ

I woke up in the morning just to find Rafael still sleeping beside me.

Well last night he made some rules for me and some of them he reminded me again also asking me to note them down properly.

Getting up from the bed I made my way to the washroom, doing my morning business changing my clothes I made my way downstairs. When I entered the kitchen, I didn't see anyone so I thought why not make the breakfast.

When I was halfway preparing the breakfast a woman entered the kitchen, she looked in her early fifties maybe. Her eyes widened when she saw me. She came inside making her way towards me.

"Who are you? What are you doing in the kitchen? Jesus Christ! Am I fired and I don't know anything about it?" She started bombarding me with questions.

I waited for her to calm down then when she finally stopped talking, I cleared my throat and said "Hey, I am Hazel-"

But before I could complete my sentence she started again "Oh hey Hazel, I am Deborah you can call me Deb. But that's another thing did you get my job? Rafael didn't inform me anything about it and not even that old man."

"Oh no. No. No. You are getting it wrong. You still have your job."

She sighed in relief then again straightened her posture "So are you my assistant? When did that old man became so kind-hearted? That too for me?"

I chuckled "Can you please calm down a bit? I am not your assistant though I would love to help you whenever you want."

"Then who are you?"

"Rafael's wife." I said finally.

Her eyes widened in shock "Who's wife?"

"Rafael."

"Rafael? You mean the one lives here?"

I nodded.

Of course the one who lives here that's why I am here.

She took sometime to cope up from the shock. She pinched herself in the arm checking if it was a dream or not.

"Jesus! It's true then. You are his wife."

I nodded again a bit awkwardly.

"This is unbelievable." She then placed me in front of herself holding my arm, taking her time to scan my face she spoke again "You are so beautiful. I didn't know that boring boy has such pretty choice."

I gave her a sweet smile trying to act normal but inside I was happy af.

Oh Sweet Jesus! She too agreed I am pretty. It's just that jerk husband of mine who doesn't believe it.

"So when did you guys get married?"

"Oh it's just yesterday."

"I see. Tell me everything, for how long did you both date?"

Okay. She is getting too excited to know about my boring life.

"We didn't date. It's an arranged marriage."

"Oh dear. I thought it would be something exciting but anyways I think you can make that boring child's life a bit interesting pulling him off his work." She rolled her eyes.

I giggled.

"By the way let me warn you about few things." I faced her curiously. "This house is surrounded by a lot of bitchy maids so be careful don't be too sweet to everyone."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Show your bitchy mode to them if they act bitchy."

"Done. By the way can I call you Deby?" I asked.