CHAPTER 4: NOT A HEARTS AND FLOWERS KINDA GUY

HAZEL CAMERON

I was sitting in my room when Uncle came to tell me that Rafael would be paying a visit today in the evening.

Why would he come to see me?

But it's good that I'll be getting to know my soon-to-be-husband at least once before marriage.

In the evening choosing a nice dress I wore it and went downstairs but halt on my steps as soon as I saw a beautiful man sitting on the couch with his phone on his hand typing something while Uncle was talking continuously.

He's rude.

"Haze, you're here." Uncle said on seeing me.

As Uncle said Rafael raised his gaze, our eyes met with each other. I couldn't help but stare at him. Getting up from the couch he made his way towards the staircase, I too moved down. When we were close to each other he stopped and introduced himself "Rafael Martinez."

Damn that voice! Kill me! He is just like a hot and sexy character of a book!

"Hazel Cameron." I replied.

"Nice to meet you Hazel."

"Likewise."

He is not rude to me as he was to Uncle. He moved a little closer to me "I need to ask something."

"What?"

"Would you like to go out with me?" He asked in a low voice.

"Out? With you?"

"I asked so of course with me."

"But I don't even know you that well, we just met how can I just go out with you?"

"Your Uncle and brother know me quite well, so you can at least have faith on their choice. I am the one they have chosen for you to get married. But anyways if you don't want to-"

"But I am not allowed to-"

"I asked would you like it or not?" He asked again emphasising on the word 'you'.

I nodded.

Honestly speaking, I am dying to get out of this house to somewhere else other than that park. 6 months I have been trapped here and finally I can see a ray of hope in front of me I can't turn my this chance down. And he wouldn't hurt me anyways or kidnap me, we are about to get married.

"Good then." He said then hand interwined our hands pulling me with him to where Uncle was sitting. Standing in front of him he asked Uncle "Mind if I take her out?"

Uncle's brows furrowed he checked the time in his watch "At this time?"

Rafael nodded.

Please say yes.

Please say yes.

I prayed in my mind.

"Are you sure?" Uncle asked, he looked a bit unsure about Rafael taking me out.

"Don't worry Christopher she'll be safe with me." He answered.

Uncle nodded his head looking between me and Rafael. "Take care Haze." He said to me.

Like a gentleman, Rafael opened the door of his car for me. Getting in I buckled up the seatbelt he sat beside me on the driver's seat and started driving. I saw through the mirror there were few cars behind like following us.

"So where do you wanna go?" He asked making me stop being suspicious about the cars behind.

"You asked me out, you must know it."