Figured Out

Geno turned and look at us.

He was a skeleton with a white coat and black jeans and brown boots. Something that caught cross's eyes was that there was blood dripping from his mouth, he had a giant slash across his chest, and some kind of cloud over his one eye. It looked.... Familiar.

Geno look over at nightmare smiling. "Hey captain... what do you need?" Geno asked not seeming to even notice cross even though he was right next to nightmare. "Well, we have a new crew mate... C... and he said he can heal a bit, so I told him he will be your assistant." Nightmare said explaining to geno. Geno seemed to look at cross and his eyes suddenly widened. "C-cr-c" geno said stuttering not even getting the word out. He had tears in his eyes and he shook them away. " I-I see... I-I'll teach him the b-basics real quick." Geno said seeming to be in the verge of tears. Nightmare nodded inhaling deeply as he smiled and left. Geno looked at cross and suddenly walked close to him and poked his face. To say cross was confused was an understatement he was way beyond confused at this point. Who just came up to a stranger and just poked them.

Geno gasp before saying, "c-c-cross?" Geno asked looking like he was holding his tears... even though it was very clear he would burst out in tears in a couple seconds. Cross looked at him wide eyed. "What did you say?" Cross asked thinking he didn't hear right. "C-cross... your cross... right?" Geno said now seeming unsure. "Yea I am... how did you know... I mean I barely know yo-" before cross finished he felt arms wrap around him. He looked down to see Geno hugging him and crying. Cross was so confused... he just met the guy and here he is with Geno hugging him. "I thought you were d-dead... we all thought you were dead." Geno said making cross question him. "What do you mean?" Cross asked. Geno looked at him sadly before chuckling. "You don't remember huh... I couldn't have expected anything else... I guess i was just hoping that you would at least remember a little bit." Geno said sadly confusing cross even more. "Anyways I should probably teach you some how to heal injuries." Geno said going over to a counter at the side of the room. He grabbed a knife and cut his arm. Cross was shocked.

"Woah! Wait! What the hell are you doing!" Cross said as he snatched the knife from his hand. He then started to feel dizzy again. 'Nobody cares. I'm better off dead. Why not just end it all.' Cross held his head making the knife drop to the floor with a clank and dropped to his knees... worrying Geno. Geno rushed over to him crouching down to his level. "Hey it ok... I was just doing that to teach you how to heal." Geno said concern laced in his voice. Cross looked up with tears in his eyes. "S-sorry... I sometimes do that." Cross said. "Huh when did this start?" Geno asked softly trying not to trigger anything else in the poor Oreo. "U-uh whenever I got on this ship I think... when I met Nightmare." Cross said his dizziness slowly fading into nothing. Geno nodded and then told cross to go back to whatever he needed to do and that he would continue this another day. Cross nodded scurrying off to find killer.

———————-
Couple minutes later
———————————-

Cross looked everywhere! He couldn't find killer though. ' C'mon he couldn't have just disappeared!' Cross thought getting more frustrated by the second. Cross sighed calming him self and went over to Nightmare's cabin. He knocked waiting for him to say something. "Come in." Cross heard nightmare and opened the door. "Make this quick I'm bu-" Nightmare stopped talking when he spotted cross. "Oh... C what do you need? Your done earlier than I expected." Nightmare said. "Uh I was just wondering where killer is, but if your busy I can just look for him some more myself." Cross said seeing that nightmare looked like he was very occupied at the moment. Seeing that there was papers everywhere and his tentacles were lashing in different places starting to make cross nervous.

"He should be down below deck, but I doubt that he even half way done with loading crates." Nightmare said making cross nod. "I guess I just lea-" "No." Nightmare said making cross stop mid sentence. "What?" Cross said looking at nightmare. "No... stay I want to talk to you about where we are going and how you may be able to help." Nightmare said waving cross over. Cross walked over and nightmare turned toward him. "So as you probably know... we are going to be arriving at the island tomorrow... and after that we will be going somewhere else... do you know who the king is?" Nightmare asked making cross think about it. Cross actually never knew who the king was. "Uh... no... is it something I need to know?" Cross asked. Nightmare nodded "yes... well... his name is dream and when we go there we need a distraction-"

that's all cross heard before his mind went blank... his eye lights vanishing. Cross remembered dream, and he despises him so fucking much. He remembered all of the times he abused him and how he used him for so many years. He would abuse him by beating him, whipping him, saying he wasn't good enough, and he even raped him once. The bad thing though is that he couldn't go to jail because he was the prince when cross knew him and air to the throne. He did remember someone else though. All the times dream would hurt him that skeleton would always be there to comfort him. Sadly cross forgot the skeletons name after he.... well... he didn't know what happened to him, but he couldn't remember the skeletons name when he woke up on the shore 6 years ago.

"C?" Cross heard making him remember that nightmare was talking to him. "Wh-what?" Cross asked making nightmare sigh. "I asked you if you understood." Nightmare said making cross realize he didn't hear anything after he said him being a distraction. "O-of course!" Cross said figuring that it didn't really matter. Nightmare looked at him and nodded. "Ok, you are dismissed." Nightmare said making cross nod and leave.

Cross now needed to find killer.

————————————

5