A New Beginning

A couple years later
————————————

Cross looked out to the sea from his cabin. He sighed and smiled seeing the kids play on the beach. Cross stayed for a while longer before realizing that it was getting dark. Cross thought about going over to the kids and tell them to go back home. He waited a while more and then decided to go over to them. When cross reached them he saw 2 kids throwing sand at each other. They were both boys and one of them had black hair and pale skin. His eyes always seemed to be closed, but cross couldn't blame him he had sand being thrown at him from the other boy. The other boy had white hair and pale skin much like the other.

Cross walked up to them and tapped the lighter hair one. They stopped and looked at him. "May we help you?" The boy said with an annoyed tone and raising a brow. "U-uh yea." Cross said cursing under his breath for stuttering to a little kid. "Aaaaaand what would you ever need from us." The same boy said as the boy with dark hair glared at the light hair one. "Chara! Stop being so rude." The dark head one scolded making Chara roll her eyes. "Um, I was just out here to tell you that you should go home soon... since you know... it getting dark." Cross said. That made both of the boys look down. "Trust us... we would if we could." The dark haired one said. Cross raised a brow and the other seemed to notice. "What I mean is that we have nowhere to go." The dark haired one said again. "Y-you don't?" Cross said in disbelief.

They both shook their heads making cross pity them. "Well, you can stay at my place for a bit... if you want." Cross said looking away for them before looking back at them. They both had astonished and excited looks. "R-really us?!" Chara said excitedly. "Yea... but I didn't  catch both of your names before." Cross said. "My names frisk and this is my brother Chara." The dark haired one said. Cross nodded, "ok, you can follow me... back to my cabin." Cross said and heard hurried footsteps behind him making him smile. After a while he heard one of them speak up. "So... what your name." He heard one of them asked. Cross eyes widened remembering that he didn't even tell them his name. "Oh! My name is cross, but if you like you can call me C or X. Cross said making them nod. Once they reached the cabin cross let them eat and bathe themselves. Cross was thankful that he found them not even wanting to think about what could happen if he didn't find them. "Hey frisk... Chara it time for bed." Cross called as he saw chara turn around the corner. "What! We have a bed time here?!" Chara said groaning dramatically.

Cross rolled his eyes grumbling a yes and then showing them to a guest room. For now Chara and frisk would have to share a bed because cross only had one extra bed. Cross made a mental note to go and get another bed for them. He tucked them in and left the room, but when he left the room he heard the boys chattering instantly making cross stop and open the door again.
"If you want to keep it a secret that you guys are talking with each other I suggest you wait until I leave.... At the very least talk quieter." Cross said as he saw frisk flare up in a blush and Chara glare at him. That made cross roll his eyes and chuckle as he walked out of the room, and proceeded to his own room.

He laid in his bed smiling... maybe... he could be happy here.

                       —-————————————

2