A Confession to Make

Killer got on the front deck of the ship... he had C, and he was heading to the medical cabin and if he was lucky enough maybe he would run into nightmare... or at least someone who actually knew how to heal... since Geno seems to be gone. Killer finally reached the medical cabin after a few more minutes of running, and he first laid him down on the table, but now he didn't know what to do. 'Dammit... I'm too fucking stupid for this.' Killer thought to himself as he looked around the room in a panic. Nightmare would fucking kill him if cross got hurt permanently because of his inability to think.

Killer yelled in relief when he found bandages in one of the cabinets. Ok he could work with this, even though they seemed worn and slightly dirty... meh it'll be fine. He then turned back to cross with a slight boost in confidence as he started to bandage cross up.
Killer apologized under his breath as cross grunted in pain, even though killer knew C couldn't hear him.

With a sigh of relief, killer finished poorly wrapping cross in bundles of bandages. As he was about to leave though, Killer jumped as he heard the door opened and whipped around to see nightmare frantically burst in, "dammit where the hell is he?" Nightmare asked himself as he paced the room next to killer and cross's. He must be talking about C! Killer thought as he rushed to the next room over.

"Captain!" Killer yelled as nightmare whirled around and glared at killer. "I found him... I found C, he's in this room." Killer said as he pointed to the room he came from. Nightmare said nothing as he pushed past killer and into the room with cross, and indeed found cross in worse shape than he left him in. Nightmare bit back a growl at the new bruises and wounds that littered his body... the sight infuriated him but there would be a time for that... for now though, cross, no doubt, needs medical attention.

________________
Cross silently woke up to a warm feeling and numbness, where was he? How did he get here?
He then remembered what exactly happened before he woke up, "blue!"  Cross yelled as he quickly sat up, ignoring the pain that shot throughout his whole body as he did so. Worried and panicked cross almost got up to get blue back in his cell until he felt something tighten around his hand. Cross quickly looked to the side and became silent when he saw the captain sleeping next to him.

A strike of guilt shook him as he look over to nightmare... the person he kept the secret to himself that he was indeed the skeleton nightmare lost on that faithful night, the skeleton that he used to love and seemed to still love. How could he do that to him... he knew who the captain was and that nightmare was suffering because of his stupid and reckless decisions, but he still didn't decide to confess to him, and now look where that got him. He was practically killed... lost almost all his memories... and now let blue out which was obviously not good because he had a connection with dream. Cross then came to the realization that he could not accept before... but he now can

This was all his fault. Everything that happened and will happen in the future because of this would be all of his fault.

Cross froze as he heard the voice next to him speak. "Cross?" Nightmare groggily asked. Cross flinched as he heard the captain say that... it has been a long time since he heard that voice say that to him. Cross stayed silent as nightmare spoke again.

"Cross you're awake." Nightmare said as he saw the figure on the table sitting up. Cross refused to talk or acknowledge nightmare at all as a single tears slowly fell down his cheek. He wanted to go back home... to a simpler time. He wished he never got on this damn ship... he should've let killer kill him that day... then he would be with Chara and frisk... and nightmare would be much happier than he himself made him.

"Cross talk to me... I know you're awake." Nightmare said softly as a gently hand reached to cross's cheek lightly wiping away that tear on his cheek. Cross slowly lifted his hand to nightmare and turned his head to look at his glowing cyan eyes. "I'm sorry." Cross said as more tears flowed down his face, he was too weak for this world.
"For what?" Nightmare asked genuinely. "I kept that horrible secret from you... I was going to tell you later... but I never wanted you to find out like that!" Cross shakily whispered to nightmare as he removed nightmare's hand from his face.
Nightmare stayed still... he was a little hurt when dream told him that cross was... well... cross, but he moved on from it pretty fast, but it looks like cross will need a little more encouragement than nightmare himself needed. Nightmare stood up and pressed his forehead against cross's making him flush a light purple... god he was so cute.
"Cross" cross shivered as he heard nightmare say his name... his hot breath on his face and nightmare's gaze solely on him. "Cross... your wrong... I'm was so fucking happy when I heard it was you... Ive waited so long for someone alike to him... but when I found out you were cross. I never lo-" nightmare cut himself off... he had never loved him so much... even after everything... nightmare stilled loved cross. Nightmare suddenly felt something against his lips... nightmare slowly looked down to the pressure and saw cross kissing him as his heart felt warm with excitement. As they were done cross looked into nightmare eyes asking a final question... "how... how could you forgive me?"

"Because I love you."

25