Things Gone Wrong

A few more years later
——————————-
Cross woke up on the floor. Looking around he saw that frisk and Chara were next to him. Suddenly cross's memories came back. Frisk had a nightmare and they would always sleep on the floor with pillows and several blankets around them whenever they happened. Cross smiled while he looked down at them lovingly. They might not be his real family, but to him they felt like they were his real family. Before cross found them he honestly thought that he would never care for anyone as much as he cared for him again. Cross shook his head not wanting to think of him. Cross got up making sure he didn't wake Chara or frisk up. He went to the kitchen and got a loaf of bread cutting it in a couple pieces and started nibbling on a piece waiting for Chara and frisk to wake up. He heard someone stumble and frisk's head popped out from behind the corner. He smiled a wide dorky grin and came up to cross.

"Morning C, uh... thanks for... you know... helping me calm down after my dream." Frisk said blushing in embarrassment. "Yea no problem... we are family after all." Cross said chuckling. Frisk smiled as Chara walked toward them and grabbed a piece of bread and shoving it in his mouth. "Morning X." Chara said simply. It had become a thing where frisk was only allowed to call cross his full name or just C, while Chara was only allowed to call cross by his full name or X, but they had that argument ages ago. Cross smiled in response. Ever since frisk and Chara came into his life he didn't have that much money to spare and was only able to buy bread and Beans for food. "Hey why don't we go to the beach for a while and maybe swim and play with the sand." Frisk suggested making cross and Chara smile and nod. There was a sudden knock at the door, and cross opened it only to see soldiers from the royal guard. One member stepped forward and whispered something into cross's ear making his eyes widen, and he quickly walked to frisk and Chara.

"Could you guys do me a favor?" Cross asked making Chara raise an eyebrow and frisk quickly nod. "Ok can you go into your room and try to entertain yourselves there until I get you?" Cross asked frisk nodded and Chara stayed silent. Cross then quickly walked them to their room and softly nudged them in there, but Chara slipped away from him and closed the door with frisk in the room and then looking at cross.
"Ok cross, what's actually happening?" Chara said making cross flinch a little. Chara rarely called him by that name unless he was being serious. "Um... I'll tell you if you promise to not tell frisk and to not come after me." Cross said and Chara thought then nodded after a couple seconds. "Ok, well apparently there are unwelcome visitors and we might-" "cross!" Chara raised his voice telling cross to stop sugar coating the situation. Cross sighed and told him what is happening. "Pirates, there here and they're here for something and apparently they need my help to try and drive them out of the village." Cross said making Chara eyes widen.

"Pirates... but I thought they didn't know that there was a village here." Chara said. "Well they found out so I need you to stay in there and to not under any circumstances come after me until I come into the house or show you that I am here." Cross said Chara thought for a while and then said something close to a whisper. "What if you don't come back though." Chara whispered making cross's stern stare soften. "Don't worry I will come back..." cross started seeing that Chara didn't feel better he rolled his eyes and continued, "... I promise." Cross said making Chara look up and nod. He opened the door to the room and hugged cross before heading into the room. Cross turned and went outside seeing the mess we were in. People were screaming  and people were being killed. Cross eyes widened before calming down and went over to a group of people who were panicking. Cross went over and calmed them down before escorting them to safety.

Cross did have fighting experience, but he refused to use them... even if he was in a life or death situation. It brought him back painful memories  that will haunt him forever no matter how happy he feels. Cross shook his head focusing on what was in front of him. He saw lots of pirates either dead or stealing from houses. He then realized something... what if the he found Chara and frisk... it's not like cross hid them well. Cross started sprinting towards his house and when he got there he saw his worse fear come true. Chara was there... crying holding a bloodied frisk in his arms.