Chapter 10

After the charming pep talk from Sylvie, Loki worked up the nerve to walk over to Thor. Loki took one look at Thor and realized what Dr. Strange meant by what the five years of the blimp did to him. Thor's hair grew longer and a completely mess, he gained so much weight that he looks like a pregnant person. Whatever Thor was eating, it made him gain more weight. Instead of armor, Thor wore sweat pants and a t-shirt covered in food stains. Loki could smell the beer and alcohol from his clothes. Loki stepped closer to Thor "Brother?" Loki asked, softly.

Thor turned around to face Loki with a look of disbelief. Loki noticed that Thor had grown out a very messy beard and one of his eyes was gold instead of blue. Thor thought that this was a trick to make him think that his brother had returned from the grave "again". Thor picked up a rock and threw it at Loki. It hit him right on the head as Loki stumbled back in pain. "What was that for?!" Loki shouted.

Thor didn't say a word, instead, he got up from the ground and grabbed Loki's shoulders. He stared at Loki with a cold blank expression. Loki felt petrified from the look, he couldn't even get out of his brother's grasp. Loki could still smell the hints of beer from Thor's clothes and breathe which made him feel a little sick.

"Do you know what it was like to watch you die?!" Thor screamed, "I saw your neck snap by that monster! I don't know how you are here or if this is just a cruel joke. I mourned you for months, thinking that I had lost the last living member of our family. And now you show up here, no scars, no bruises, thinking that everything would be alright! It's not!"

"Thor, just let me explain..."

"No! No more tricks, no more lies! My brother is dead! You're nothing but an illusion, my guilt for not saving him!"

"Thor, listen..."

"Enough! Leave and never return!"

Thor released Loki from his grasp and pushed him away. Loki turned to Sylvie with a "help me" look. She just rolled her eyes and glared that he say that this was his brother, he was on his own. Loki just watched as Thor went back to sitting by the cliffside. Thanos did more than breaking Thor's spirits, he broke his mind. Loki tried and begged Thor to listen to him but nothing worked.

Thor grew tired of hearing Loki, he charged straight at Loki and attacked him. Loki dodged Thor's punches but it wasn't enough. Loki turned to face Sylvie to get her to help. She used her magic to grab Thor's arms and held him back. "Geez. Thanks." Loki said, sarcastically.

"He's your brother. Now talk to him." Sylvie stated as she pushed Loki towards Thor.

Thor struggled against the ropes that his arms were tied in. He barely looked at Loki when he spoke to him. Until Loki said the very last sentence before Thanos snapped his neck, the sun will shine on us again. With that, Sylvie removed the ropes from Thor's wrist and Thor stared at Loki with tears threatening to spill. Thor slowly walked closer to his brother, Loki tensed up a bit thinking that Thor would attack him.

Instead, Thor wrapped his arms around Loki and pulled him in for a tight hug. Tears fell from Thor's cheek as he buried his face in Loki's hair. Loki seemed stunned by Thor's actions, the last time Thor ever hugged him was when they were children. Loki felt tears leaking down his face and hugged his brother back. "I'm so sorry for everything, Thor. I missed you brother." Loki softly spoke.

"I'm sorry as well, brother," Thor whispered.

The two broke apart as Sylvie watched the brothers reunite. Thor finally calmed down and listened to Loki when he explained everything from the TVA to Lamentis to Kang. Hearing what Kang and TVA had planned to do to Loki and Sylvie, made his blood boil. Thor agreed to join them but on one condition, Loki needed to make up for what he did with the Battle of New York. Loki tensed up he knew what Thor meant, he would have to convince the Avengers to help and he was already on their bad side.