Chapter 5

When Loki was pruned, he was transferred to the Void, a place where every pruned timeline and every variant was sent. Cities within cities from every timeline including bits and pieces of Asgard. The other Loki variants gestured Loki to follow them unless he wants to be Alioth's lunch. As must as Loki wanted to ask more questions, he decided to follow the other Lokis. Behind them was a dark pitch black fog, it had the face of a dog with glowing red eyes that could pierce into your soul.

Sylvie's heartbreak was still fresh after Ravonna decided to prune Loki right in front of her. She could have killed Ravonna right there and now, but she needed her if she was gonna find the truth. Sylvie dragged Ravonna to the same room where Sylvie herself was meant to be trialed. In a voice so bone-chilling, she ordered Ravonna to give her tempad to Sylvie. Scared that she would be killed, Ravonna quickly gave up her tempad. When Sylvie asked her who was really behind the TVA, Ravonna just answered that she was as clueless as Sylvie was.

"Poor Judge Renslayer. Your whole reality's been destroyed. Tell me, how does it feel to be on the other side of it." Sylvie asked cruelty as she dug her heel into Ravonna's chest.

She let go of Ravonna knowing that she felt the same pain Sylvie felt when she was taken from her timeline. "This is where you dragged me after you stole my life. A fitting place, then, to take yours." She sneered as she raised her weapon.

Ravonna was on her knees begging for Sylvie to spare her but the pain was too great. She had lost her home, her family, and the man she loved all at the hands of Ravonna. Just she blurted out something that made Sylvie froze "And what if I said Loki wasn't dead. Not yet anyway."

Sylvie didn't believe a word she said, she saw Loki pruned right in front of her. Ravonna figured that they both could get what they wanted. She was telling Sylvie all about this out of her own free will. She wanted to know who was lying to her as well. Sylvie lowered her weapon for Ravonna to explain that when the TVA branches a reality it's impossible to destroy all of its matter. So they move it to a place on the timeline where it won't continue growing, the Void at the end of time. The void was where every instance of existence collides at the same point and simply stops.

No one knows how it works but Ravonna did know that the Time Keepers planned to transform it into a utopia. Sylvie didn't believe that part but a small part of her believes that the void has to be where Loki is. The only problem is that wherever enters the void, nothing ever comes back from there. Sylvie reluctantly agreed to trust Ravonna for the time being.

Meanwhile, in the Void, Loki followed the other versions of himself to who knows where. None of them have spoken except for the Classic Loki Variant who seemed more conserved on not dying. To Loki that wasn't much of a plan, just a general demand of living. They all stopped walking when Loki shouted that he demanded answers.

"Look, it's been a very, very, very trying past few days. Months? I don't even know how long it's been since New York. All I know is, I got pruned right in front of the girl I love and I woke up here. And now I'm surrounded by Variants of myself, plus an alligator, which sadly I didn't find all that strange. And now we're running from God knows what to God knows where. When I need to be trying to find a way back to the TVA." Loki ranted.

Suddenly, Kid Loki pulls out his sword and points it at Loki, making him stumble to the ground. Kid Loki told him to stay quiet or he'll signal Alioth and they'll all be on its menu. Kid Loki put his sword away and helped Loki to his feet. "This is the place where the TVA dumps its rubbish, everything they prune. And Alioth, he ensures none of it ever returns." Kid Loki explained.

In other words, there is a shark tank and Alioth is the shark that devours everything in sight except for the Loki variants. If there's one thing about Loki's is that they know how to survive anything. When Loki asked if there was any chance of escaping, the others just stared at him blankly. All of them were arrested and pruned by the TVA and they all went through the same thing, making bad plans that got them nowhere. Loki even asked them if they could use a tempad or even causing a Nexus Event. But there were no tempads in the void and the TVA never cares what happens in the void.

"The only thing here is survival. That's all there is. All there ever was." Classic Loki stated.

The four of them walked off leaving Loki to fend for himself against Alioth. He didn't have much of a choice, he managed to catch up with the other Lokis as they led him to their hideout. Loki turned to Kid Loki and asked him why he commands the others when he's just a kid. "You will do well to respect him. This is his kingdom." Classic Loki answered.

"Right. What was your nexus event, Your Majesty?" Loki asked.

"I killed Thor." Kid Loki answered, bluntly.

That ended up scaring Loki a bit but he shook it off as they reach the hideout. The hideout was underground within what looked like the old Avengers Compound. As they each climbed down the ladder into the hideout, Classic Loki asked Loki why he wanted to go back to the TVA. Loki didn't answer him, he was a little star-struck at how the hideout was decorated like a throne room.

Back at the TVA, Ravonna called up Miss Minutes to get her the files on the beginning of time. And as usual Miss Minutes replied that she would find them in her too perky tone.  Sylvie was getting impatient, the more time they were wasting, the more Sylvie thought Loki's life is in danger. She asked about the files on the end of time but Ravonna told her that the void was the only thing there. "What if The Void isn't the end? What if there's something beyond it?" Sylvie questioned.

Ravonna gave Miss Minutes the ok to find the files and she did. She clicked the file to show Ravonna and Sylvie the image of the sacred timeline. "Hiding in the shadows of apocalypses obscured me from the TVA because I couldn't create a diverging branch there. So if all of this is still written, whatever happens, is just a new timeline. It would be impossible to start a nexus event there. You could be completely undetectable." Sylvie explained.

That would be where the person behind the TVA could be or where Loki was sent. Ravonna explained that the TemPad can't lock onto it, no destination. Sylvie suggested that they go through it but Ravonna figured that was suicide. "Then I guess my need for you has passed," Sylvie stated.

Just as she was about to attack Ravonna, Miss Minutes jumped in saying something about a spacecraft that could go through The Void. Ravonna figured it could work as Miss Minutes went looked through the files. According to Ravonna, the space was designed to withstand the temporal void. Sylvie wasn't buying it, she just said that they would go through the void and somehow the TVA has a space to do that, something was up. She played along for now but when she asked where the files are, she could tell that something was wrong.

She was Ravonna looking nervous and trying to come up with another lie but Sylvie stopped her. Suddenly Sylvie heard the footsteps of minute men heading this way. Ravonna had set her up, she just wanted to get Sylvie out of the way. She grabbed Ravonna's tempad and ducked under the judge's desk. She needed a plan and fast "Sylvie? Not thinking of going on the run, are you? We know where you hide. Sooner or later, we'll catch you. " Ravonna stated.

Ravonna was right no matter where Sylvie ran to hide, the TVA would find her. "I have to admit, you almost fooled me for a minute. Or did you get a little real? Did Judge Renslayer feel betrayed by her beloved TVA?" Sylvie stated.

"Why don't you come back out and we can talk about it?"

"Sure. Just tell everyone else to back off and we can settle this between us."

"Works for me."

"What happened to find the man behind the curtain?"

"Tell you what. You come out with your hands up and I'll put you in a time loop. Something not so bad. You can live out your days in good memory. Do you have any good memories? Maybe something with the man you love, Loki."

Sylvie wasn't gonna give up that easily, she looked at the prune stick in her hand and turned it on. She stand up from behind the desk and pruned herself in front of Ravonna.