Chapter 8

Loki and Sylvie finally reached the citadel, now they were ready to face what was behind that door. The two marched up the heavy steps and reached the door that was covered in vines. Sylvie looked up at the door thinking about how all of these events led to this. In her mind, she was frozen with fear. She had been waiting for this for a long time and now, she was worried if it was real or not. "Aren't you gonna tell me not to kick the door in?" Sylvie questioned Loki.

"It never made a difference," Loki replied.

Sylvie turned to face Loki, she would prefer him to speak his mind if her idea was bad. But Loki had nothing to say. With that, Sylvie faced the door again ready to kick it open but she still froze. She just needed a moment but to Loki, he knew something was wrong. He tried to talk to her but she shut him up. Sylvie had waited a long time for this so she needed a second to think straight.

Without another word, the doors automatically opened slowly. Both gods thought that someone was there but no one was around. They slowly started making their way in then the doors slammed shut. This felt like something out of a horror movie. The two slowly walked a few more steps until Miss Minutes made an unexpected appearance.

She popped up out of nowhere in a creepy smile and her eyes bugged out. Sylvie and Loki drew their weapons at her. "Welcome to the Citadel At The End of Time." Miss Minutes spoke in her creepy southern accent.

"Congratulations. Y'all had a long journey to get here. He's impressed."

The two gods looked confused "Who's impressed?" Sylvie asked.

"He Who Remains." Miss Minutes darkly answered, "He created all and He controls all. In the end, it is only He Who Remains. And he wants to offer you a deal. He's been making a few creative adjustments, and he's worked it out so we can reinsert both of y'all back into the Timeline in a way that won't disrupt things."

Those words seemed to interest Sylvie but somehow Loki wasn't believing it. This was just a way to get rid of them so the TVA can keep pruning timelines and other variants. And yet, it would also mean that they could live the lives that they wanted.

Loki could win the Battle of New York against the Avengers, kill Thanos, claim the infinity gauntlet, even claim the throne he had been denied for centuries. And Sylvie, with all those years on the run from the TVA, alone. She could wake up with a lifetime of happy memories. Her home, her family, all back, and she would never be alone again. Or even the two of them on the same timeline without causing a nexus event. They could be together, settle down, and have a family of their own.

They could have it all if they would take the deal. The two looked at each other, if they take the deal then the friends they made, the romance they discovered together, it wouldn't be the same. A throne, happy memories, or even killing a mad titan would not make them happy. They write their destiny, their happiness, and no one will stop them from doing so. They turned down the deal and Miss Minutes turned completely psycho.

"Y'all will regret not taking the deal when you had the chance," she said, sinisterly then disappeared.

Both of them looked confused and a little scared at what Miss Minutes meant. Suddenly the room began to shake, the floor beneath them cracked open. It was a trap, the two ran for their lives but the cracks kept getting worse. Sylvie spotted another set of doors, they kept running towards them but something happened. The second they got to the doors, they would not budge open.

"Stand back!" Loki shouted.

He used his magic to open the doors then the two rushed into another room. Loki's powers gave out and the doors slammed shut. The two continued walking.