Chapter 7

This was it, this was the moment that would get Loki and Sylvie one step closer to the man behind all this. The whole team watched from the chiff as Alioth drew closer and closer towards them. Mobius asked what the next move was of Sylvie's plan to bring the TVA down. She explained that when Alioth came into contact with her, she had a link with it and saw something that might help. If she can get close enough to it, she can enchant it and it can take her to whoever was behind all of this. Sylvie handed Loki the tempad that she took from Ravenna, she couldn't risk losing Loki again.

However, Loki decided to stay with Sylvie. The others looked like he was about to make a deal with the devil. Sylvie tried to convince Loki that he should leave but he refused. Loki handed Mobius the tempad so he can get back to the TVA and confront Ravenna. "I'll give my regards to Renslayer," said Mobius.

Sylvie just scoffed, Kid Loki told them that the next time branch would appear any second and that is when Sylvie can make her move. Mobius offered the other Loki variants a ticket out of this dump but they turned it down. This was their home now and they know how to survive this place and Alioth. Kid Loki gave Loki his sword for the journey then he, Classic Loki, and Alligator Loki left them.

Mobius opened up a time door to the TVA, he was going back to stop Ravenna. Loki asked Mobius what he was gonna do at the TVA. Mobius stated that he was gonna burn it to the ground just like Loki stated to do when they first met. Mobius held out his hand for Loki to shake goodbye but instead, the two hugged as friends. Mobius whispered to Sylvie that she is his favorite then left. All that was left was Loki and Sylvie as they marched towards Alioth.

The two came face to face with Alioth, the storm grew stronger as Alioth's demon hound face growled at the sight of them. The time branch didn't show up, they were running out of time. Sylvie suggested that they would have to cause a distraction long enough for her to enchant Alioth. Loki looked at her thinking that if they were ever gonna find the man behind the curtain, one of them had to cause the distraction. Sylvie knew where this was going, she couldn't risk losing Loki again.

Without another word, Loki raced to the other side of Alioth while Sylvie got ready to enchant it. Loki ran and ran against the wind, he got close enough to light his sword and catch Alioth's attention. Alioth set its sights on Loki and charged straight at him. Sylvie took the chance to start enchanting Alioth but it saw Sylvie's green magic and changed course. Loki saw that Alioth was heading for Sylvie, he tried to get Alioth's attention but it didn't listen.

Just as Alioth was about to swallow Sylvie, another green glow caught its attention even Loki saw it too. Suddenly the entire city of Asgard just appeared out of nowhere. Right in the middle of it was Classic Loki, he was creating an illusion of Asgard to distract Alioth. Loki and Sylvie watched as Classic Loki held the illusion. "How is he doing that?" Sylvie asked.

"I think we're stronger than we realize." Loki stated.

As Alioth focused on the illusion of Asgard, Sylvie took Loki's hand and said that they were gonna enchant Alioth together. "I don't know how." Loki stated.

"You do. Because we're the same." Sylvie reassured.

The two looked at each other with determination in their eyes and marched towards Alioth. Classic Loki was putting all of his power into the illusion to keep Alioth at bay but he was losing his strength quickly. Loki and Sylvie each grabbed a piece of Alioth but only Sylvie's magic was working Loki was having no luck. The two struggled to get Alioth under enchantment but Classic Loki had lost his strength to keep the illusion going and it started to crumple.  Sylvie looked out at the fallen illusion, she gripped Loki's hand tighter to give him strength. Within seconds, Loki's magic kicked in and the spell with working.

The illusion fell completely and Alioth saw Classic Loki show as now out of strength. It charged straight at him, Classic Loki rises up with what little magic he had left to face Alioth. If he was gonna go out, he was going out with a bang. Alioth swarmed around him then it devoured Classic Loki until he was dust. All that was left of him was his helmet now covered in rust.

Sylvie and Loki continued to enchant Alioth but it saw them. The two closed their eyes, praying in their heads that the spell would work. Alioth was about to devour them but the combined magic completely enchanted Alioth, making it completely harmless. Sylvie was the first one to open her eyes, she saw what was on the other end of Alioth. She turned to Loki telling him to open his eyes. He did and saw that Alioth was now under their control. They watched as Alioth showed them what it was guarding, a hidden citadel right in the middle of the Sacred Timeline.
The two started walking towards the citadel, this was it, this was where all the answers would be revealed.

The two walked for days trying to reach the citadel. Sometimes they would stop to camp for the night, other times they would be fighting off the defenses and traps that were around. Who ever was here didn't want anyone to find them. During the whole walk, Sylvie couldn't stop thinking about why she was taking from her timeline. She didn't do anything and still, the person behind the TVA just had them take her away.

It was during one of the nights they set up camp, Sylvie just sat in silence, staring at the fire. She was so lost in though that she didn't see Loki come over to talk to her. He wrapped his arm around Sylvie and she snapped out of her daze. "You ok?" he asked her.

"Just thinking about what will happen when we find the truth. I want to know why the TVA took me from my home, I was innocent." Sylvie spoke softly.

Loki pulled her in close and the she looked up at him with a few tears dripping down her cheeks. Loki placed his hand on Sylvie's cheek and wiped her tears away. He assured Sylvie that they were gonna find the truth and burn this place to the ground to make sure that others like them don't suffer the same fate. Sylvie looked at him like he had grown a second head, in every multiverse no Loki has ever cared about saving the world but this one was different. The two of them just got lost in each other's eyes. Loki leaned in to kiss Sylvie but she stopped him from doing so. "We can't." she said, "This isn't the void, we don't know what could happen."

"I'm willing to risk it if you are." Loki stated.

The two shared a short kiss and nothing happened to them. Sylvie rested her head on Loki's shoulder, Loki took the chance to kiss her more passionate. The two spent the night cuddling each other under the stars.