ADD SIXTY-FIVE

Derry's POV

    ITS OFFICIAL, Elias is having my babies. Okay maybe not babies—but gosh, if not him then who would impregnate me, Elias is my type of guy honestly, guys like Hunter who I loved so much back then (not really knowing why), just don't appeal to me much anymore. I'm so turned on and insanely attracted to Elias it's just so...pathetic.

    It didn't help that he was going to change into one of my dads old sweatshirts and sweatpants as he was going to stay over.

    How did he go from being laughable in that cinema uniform to being so attractive in a matter of minutes?

    Honestly, I was just confused.

    "So what do you do in your spare time?" He made some conversation, clearly seeing I wasn't in the talking mood, no—just more of the, my eyes will do the talking as I just watch your beauty Elias, type of talk.

    "I—I um, I like to play video games..." I mumbled, suddenly feeling self conscious. Gosh, what if he hates gamer girls.

    He nodded his head. "Gaming is good." Was all he said.

    Y'all the tension is so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife if you tried to. Wait, was that worded right?

    We walked to my room moments later and went to my desk. Elias noticed I had a streaming setup and decided to comment on it.

    "I don't use it, it's been a couple years since I did," I replied with my eyes hooded.

    "Oh—is there a reason for that?" He noticed my change in mood since he had now a worried look on his face. The  intensity of his honey eyes was so sharp its like I cant even lie to him about this, so I decided to truthfully tell him a secret of mine I kept dear.

    "Once upon a time I was a streamer on twitch. I streamed only a couple of games and only on the weekends when I didn't have school. This was like two years ago, when I was insanely infatuated with Hunter and friends. Hunter knew about my obsession with him, so he was my most subscribed member of my channel supporting me, he genuinely cared, because Hunter was actually really, really nice back then, believe it or not."

    Elias nodded his head, staying silent.

    I continued. "But then it wasn't hunter who started bullying me and my gameplays. It was Georrge and other kids in the  school. Hunter tried to get his friends to back off, but that was no use. Suddenly more people jumped on the bandwagon, more statted to bully me on twitch. The hate got to a lot, that it wasn't just Juggler High students that bullied me, it was also Coven students..."

    Elias winced.

    I stared at him. "So you've heard about it somehow, huh?" My tone came out a little bit depressed then I intended it to.

    Elias nodded his head before sighing, he started to spin a little on my wheely chair, his jaw clenched.

    "Reeves kept talking in our group back then at Coven about a female streamer. He didn't bully you though, in fact Reeves was convinced it was getting out of hand for you and wanted to help you. He just didn't know how to help exactly. I'm sorry Derry, had we met sooner and known this so called streamer was you two years ago, we would've definitely helped."

    I placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled, hoping it met my eyes. "Its okay, honestly. I've moved on from it."

    "It did make me a baddie as well, making me gain some money from the hate, in which I brought my motorbike," I smirked. "But the hate got to an extreme where my mental health couldn't take it anymore," I explained, still smiling bravely.

    Elias smiled back at me. "You are definitely the baddest female I know of and I appreciate you. You're very strong, Derry."

    "Not that strong though..."

    He pulled my chin and made me glance up at him. His eyes were burning in mine and before I knew it, Elias started leaning in.

   He whispered. "You're strong enough. That's all that matters."

    I believed him somehow. Maybe it was the distance and his cologne which was making me believe him, well I'm not  sure.

    We continue filling that empty space between us. Both of us leaning incredibly closer together. Elias eyes are flickering to my lips and mine are doing the same on his. That's when a twist in my stomach feels painful and I realise kissing Elias, the boy whom I have to babysit would not do me good.

    Besides, I dont think I can handle the  embarrassment of the after party. I'm not used to it yet. This feeling I mean...

    "Elias—we cant kiss," I suddenly say.

    He pulls away quickly and nods. "Yeah you're right."

    I hear him coughing before he gets up. "Where should I sleep for tonight?" He says, not meeting my eyes.

    I feel a little bit of sadness fill me and I'm not sure why. "You can sleep in my dad's room, the bedsheets clean, he probably wont be back any time soon. I have a slight feeling he never will actually."

    Elias nods, walking out of my room. I watch his back until he leaves and when he does, I slam my head against the table, ignoring the pain, I just hide from the embarrassment of what I just did.

    I made a discovery today:

-
-

    I have insane feelings for Elias Gray and I hope he never knows about them.

***

Aya's note:

I'm sorry for the short chapter and for the slow burn romance 😥