26 - Baby

Anger

Anger.

I haven't been this angry in a few years. Since she got addicted because of him. 

And now, here he is. Standing in this exhibition, in a dapper suit, living his best life while I was forced to pick up the pieces of what he's left behind.

I am fucking fuming!

"Wait a minute..." Dylan stops me from cursing him out right away. "Dad? As in your Dad?" He asks dumbfounded. 

"Did I speak a foreign language?" I glare at him before turning back to my dad, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

My voice rises automatically.

"Luna, sweetheart, please lower your voice."

"Shove sweetheart up your ass you son of a bitch," I growl.

"Ok, baby," Dylan gently covers my mouth and smiles awkwardly around us, at the people that have heard me. "Maybe we should go somewhere else for you guys to talk." 

"MHMM MHMM MHMM," I mumble against his palm. 

With a surprised 'oh' he lets go of my mouth and I add, "Over my dead body. I'll not talk to this motherfucker." 

"Luna," my dad-. No. Aiden calls my name once more, but I glare at him before turning around and heading towards the closest exit, the back one.

 I hear the steps following me, knowing Dylan is right behind me and I swear that if it weren't for him I might have destroyed something inside that exhibition. I don't even care that some work of mine is there anymore.

My pieces...

It all makes sense now. This kind of mysterious client always had an employee pick the sculptures up and pay me in cash. 

It has probably been him all along.

Why buy my stuff, though?

If it's the guilty conscience he can shove it up his ass and go back to where he came from.

"Luna," a gruff voice calls when I step outside and I take a deep breath in.

So much for thinking it was Dylan. Where is that fucker when I need him?

"What do you want?" 

"I had planned to talk to you tonight. I just thought I'd see you before you saw me so I could-" He stops himself and I finish for him.

"Do some damage control? Good to know you still think of me like I'm a grenade ready to go off at any moment." 

"I might have not been there, but I know you."

"That's right, you weren't there so no, you don't know me!" I exclaim. 

"Luna, let me explain, please."