14 - Capisci? Non capisci

My conscience is eating me alive

If it weren't for Abby's call - that I rejected by the way - I'd been a cheater by now.

And I am not a cheater. 

At the moment, the comparison should be something similar to a headless chicken running around. That's how I feel.

To worsen things up, I haven't answered Abby yet, she's been texting and calling since Sunday.

It's Wednesday.

Luna has also been avoiding me and I don't blame her either.

The problem is, I can't stop thinking about her. Well, both in reality but for different reasons.

There is guilt and regret, especially for going about it the wrong way but on the other hand... There's this giddiness, this constant want to be close to Luna and get to know more about her. She's intoxicating in a way that I've never felt before, not even when my feelings for Abby developed from friendship to love.

I'd never gotten shy or have stumbled upon my words with a girl, and I did with Luna. My heart has never raced as much with one single look thrown at me, my skin rarely blushes and my skin never tingles.

But with her, I feel it all. Everything.

It's baffling but also bittersweet. 

All my life, I've thought Abby and I were meant to be.

That love is supposed to be calm and comfortable just like I've always been with her.

But I am having doubts, second thoughts. Honestly? I think I need to talk to someone about this. Maybe it's just a phase? Maybe it's the distance? 

Hell if I know...

"I told you before, I can only get it tomorrow!" The familiar voice brings me out of my reverie.

It's Luna's.

I can't see her yet but I'd recognizer her voice anywhere. 

"Do I look like  I care? You have until dinner time tonight, baby."  

Now it's a male voice speaking, and that makes me speed up and turn the corner.

And there they are.

Luna in all of her glory, with a pair of combat boots, black cargo pants and a tiny and tight white top, that covers only her chest. 

In front of her, is this blonde guy. He's slightly taller than her but still shorter than me and has this sloppy street style. He also seems older, which clashes with the boyish style he wears.

"Dean, listen to me! I have the sculpture ready for payment but the client is out of town until tomorrow. I can only collect the money tomorrow, can't you give me a fucking day?"