11 - Let's eat

Sour

Sour.

That's how my mood is today.

And the fact that I am just about to enter a specific subject that I know Dylan attends only deepens my scowl.

It's the third week of school and assignments have already been set. This one is no exception and while I am not bad at painting, I'd much rather be sculpting my way through college. 

But it is what it is and I'll do whatever I have to graduate and start to make an income out of my art.

"Good morning," a hesitant deep voice sounds, making me look at him. 

Scowling, I turn my attention back to the white canvas in front of me. I'd much rather stick it up in that thick head of his than paint right now.

"Sorry I didn't answer right away," he continues. "It was a long weekend. Abby is acting like a spoiled brat, nagging me about every little shit and my mom is preggo again." 

"Well, congratula-" I pause, remembering this Abby girl that has been mentioned before. "Who is Abby?" 

His eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Abby's my girlfriend silly," he laughs it off like I was supposed to know.

He had a girlfriend this whole time?

"You've had a girlfriend this whole time and didn't bother to mention it?" I grit out.

"In my defence, I thought you knew. My uncle mentioned her and even Marcel." He pauses before continuing. "You didn't know?" 

"Of course I didn't fucking know," I growl. 

I am so fucking stupid.

"Look, I'll pay you back every dime, I-" 

"I told you I don't want the money," he insists.

"Well,  I don't want problems with your girl-"

"There's no problem. What I do with my money is not a concern of hers, and if she asks I'll tell her the truth."

"Which is?"

"That I was helping out a friend."

I scoff.

Of course. 

"Good morning, kids," the teacher greets, interrupting us.

He's late, as usual, but we don't care anymore. 

He usually makes it up with the good advice he gives and makes classes more interesting than I imagined they could be.

"Today we're practising human shape," he declares.

Everyone groans in the classroom except for me and the annoyingly handsome boy sitting next to me. Why in the hell did I even let him sit here, I don't know.