13 - No way out

Thank god that phone rang when it did

Otherwise, Dylan and I would have kissed. 

It's not that I didn't or don't want it.

But I've been cheated on, I know what it feels like and there's no way I could be part of that and live with myself. 

The guilt would eat me away.

Crossing that one would be disastrous especially because we have a common project to do for Sculpture class and because honestly? That guy brightens up my day.

I have always been drawn to the bad boys. The type that steals your heart, breaks it, steps on it and give you back the ashes. Just like Dean has done to me and several others before. The thing is, Dylan seems to be anything but a bad boy. 

Sure, a first glance he'll look like one because of his weird alternative style but he's not like that at all.

Besides being extremely handsome, he's kind and gentle, he's caring and protective, and on top of that all he's funny - not that I would ever admit that to him. The most important thing to me is that he doesn't seem like a toxic person and that makes all of the difference. 

I try as hard as I can not melt into his personality but he's becoming that type of person that you can't help but let in.

The problem is, I am attracted to him and he has a girlfriend. We shouldn't even be spending that much time together and I know I am being selfish, but I don't think I am willing to let go of that. 

Not when he's the only thing that makes my days bearable.

"What's that smile for?" Dean's vexing voice sounds from my living room when I open the door.

There he is, sprawled over my old couch as if this was his house. Well, if my mom keeps up at this point there are possibly two outcomes, either she overdoses or I have to use the rent money to pay her debts.

I wonder which one will come first.

And just like that, my happiness bubble just burst.

"My smile is none of your business," I snap back.

"It is," he says standing up. "I haven't seen you like that in a long time,  what's making you so happy?" 

"Well, I would be like this all the time if you hadn't made my life even more miserable than it was before I met you!" 

"Don't be ungrateful, I never mistreated you when we were together," he growls.

"Oh? So, cheating on me, lying to me, turning my mom into an addict and cheating on me with her isn't mistreating me? What fucked up idea do you have in your mind of not mistreating another person?" 

He grits his teeth and looks away.

"Because in my eyes, all you did was mistreating me," I complete.

"I know I was never the perfect boyfriend but if there is one girl I liked seriously it was you, you have to know that. I never laid a hand on you," he takes one step forward.