22- I'm here

"Now, are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Nothing," she denies.

"Bullshit," I counter but all she does is turn her back to me. "Look," I call while tugging at her arm to turn her to me. "Whether you want to talk to me or not, I'm here. I'll always be here."

So, I pull her to my chest, hugging her close to me. Her body relaxes into my hold and I feel the tiniest sigh she lets out against my T-shirt.

She's freezing after all of that time walking around with only a thin long-sleeved shirt. So, I disentangle us, grab her hand and bring her to the bed with me.

"Dylan, I-"

"Shush," I cut her off. "We're just cuddling."

I tug her, forcing her down on my lap. Placing both her legs to one of my sides, I fit her shoulder underneath mine and wrap my arm around her shoulders. My hand plays with her hand while the free one is just drawing circles and weird shapes on her leg.

"Why are you doing this?"

I shrug.

"Because I care about you and because you need it," I answer, honestly.

"No one has ever done anything for me, not without expecting something in return," Luna mumbles.

My heart breaks a little because... What did she go through to always expect people to charge her for whatever they give to her?

It's sad that someone this young doesn't know what unconditional love is. It angers me, but also makes me want to show her how it is. How good it can be.

"I don't want anything in return," I answer.

Luna looks at me with a deadpan look and I smile guiltily before saying, "Sure, I want you. But I'll only want you if you want me in return. Until then, I'm happy with being your friend and just being there for you, no buts attached."

Her lips tug slightly at the end before she buries her head into my chest again.

Is it bad that I am content she is here? Even if she is because she is upset?

Luna might not give in and say much about her problems but I have learned to recognize when she's having a bad day or in a foul mood. I mean, there's no mistaking it with her bad attitude but today she's not angry or irritated. She's just... sad.

And still, I am almost happy she's here in my arms.

That's why I don't force her to speak. Because, selfishly, I don't want to say the wrong thing that will have her bolt from my hold. I'd rather not know anything and bask in the sliver of vulnerability she's willing to share with me by allowing me to comfort her.

I have never felt as soothed, delighted and at ease for just holding a woman. Never.

It's like... I'm right where I'm meant to be.