Chapter 12 - Love at first sight

Zane's POV

I can't believe Ronnie has been through so much and at such young age. No kid has to go through that. She is stronger than I thought. Stronger than I expected. She never told anyone and I can't believe the fucking orphanage mother let her go just like that. She need to be in fucking jail.

She is sleeping on my chest and I love that she is feeling more relaxed around me. She stirs a little on my lap and presses herself tighter into me. I stare at her sleeping state and she is beautiful. I only know her for a couple of days and already I think I feel something for her.

Fuck I can't believe this. Why is she so perfect? I feel sort of proud that my girl survived all that shit.

I give her a kiss on her forehead and then on her cheek. She smiles a little and I rub her back in a soothing way.

Her beautiful vibrant blue-green eyes has the ability to stare into my sole. Her petite body is the most perfect I have ever seen. Her face is like a doll, beautiful and cute. And her voice is nice and soft. She really is perfect. I can stare at her for days and listen to her for ages.

My phone rings and I quickly answer so it doesn't wake up Ronnie.

"Hello?"

"Boss, we got a lead on Miss Heondale's kidnapper."

"What did you get?"

"His name is Rob McNette. He lives in an abandoned house in the forest. He's ons his own. All his men died and the only one he had left got killed on a crossfire."

"Okay. Thank you Aren. Keep an eye on him. He's threatening my girl and I'll fucking kill him."

"Got it Boss."

I put the phone down and Ronnie starts to stir again. She slowly opens her eyes and looks up at me.

"Zane?"

"Yes Love?"

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Do I? My parents were inseparable and they love each other so much that the would kill. I always wanted what they have. And seeing Veronica now...I feel something.

"I think I do Love." I say giving her a soft smile.

"Me too." She says. Laying her head back down on my chest.

I rub her back in soothing circles. Her breathing steadies and I know she is falling back to sleep.

"I'm in love with you Veronica." I whisper. She just snuggles closer to me and I lay my head down on hers.

"I'll keep you safe babygirl. I promise."

*
*
*
*
Christii