Chapter 3 - Greek God

I walk past the van and enter the orphanage. Ma'am is standing in the hallway with two men.

One of the men are huge and dressed in all black. The other man is handsome looking and dressed in a dark blue suit, white button up shirt, black tie and shiny black shoes.

"Veronica! Look at you!" Ma'am calls out.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I'll go wash up."

I walk past them but then ma'am says, "Veronica, this lovely man is here for you."

I look at her in shock. "What do you mean?"

"You're coming with me." The man in the suit says. His voice low and husky.

He grabs my arm and pulls me outside. The man in the black walks behind me.

"Wait! What are you doing? Leave me!" I yell. He stops dead. "Stop yelling." He says softly.

"What about my stuff?" I ask him

"I'll buy you new ones."

He opens the van's door for me and I climb in. Hey climbs in next to me, closes the door and the van drives off.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To my house."

To his house?! Am I being kidnapped? I feel like I'm being kidnapped in broad daylight.

"How long will I stay there?"

"The rest of your life."

"What? No!" I say. I can't stay with someone I don't know for the rest of my life. I don't like this. I want to go back to my room in the orphanage.

"What's the problem Veronica? You will live in luxury." The man says.

"But what about Gacie and all the other small children. Who is going to tuck them in at night? Who is going to help them with their homework? Who will take the blame for them when they did something wrong?"

"Not you." He answers

I stare out the window as the trees fly by us in a blur. I miss the kids already. What will I do without them. They are the only family I have.

"We're here boss." The man in black, that also drives says.

Boss? Is he the boss? Gates open and we pull up in front of a huge mansion looking house.

The man sitting beside me climbs out and holds his hand for me. I ignore his gesture and climb out by myself.

I can see the fury on his face as he slams the door closed and walk in front of me inside the house.

"Aren will show you where your room is. Change and come downstairs." He says as he walks into the house.

"But what about-" I say, before he interrupts me, "Just go!" He yells.

Okay sheesh. I walk up the stairs to the guy in the black and he shows me to my room.

I open the door and the room is a purple color. My favorite. I walk inside and see a bag of clothes on the bed. I walk up to it, open it and take all the clothes out.

The clothes are definitely my style, with different kinds of jeans and T-shirts. I take out a black high waisted wash out jean and a black v-neck T-shirt.

I walk to the closet and open the door. It's a walk-in closet! Yes!

There's a rack full of shoes. Black, white, grey, yellow, purple, blue. Vans, Adidas, Nike. Sneakers, boots, heels, wedges. Every shoe you can think of is in here.

I take the black and white high tops Vans out, tuck the jeans and T-shirt under my arm and walk to the on suite bathroom.

I strip from my dirty clothes and put on the fresh ones. I lace up my high tops and walk out the door.

I walk slowy down the stairs and look at everything around me. I see the man in the blue suit sitting on the couch.

His shirt's buttons are undone and holly hell he looks like a greek god and he probably knows it. Agh I hate guys like that.

His six pack is clearly visible and I have to keep my face straight or my mouth will hang on the ground.

"Are you done staring?" He suddenly says, snapping me out of my daze. I turn bright red and hear him let out a low chuckle.

He stands up and walks past me to the kitchen and I decide to follow. He stands against one of the counters and I jump onto the island (counter in the middle of the kitchen)

"You look nice in your new clothes" he says and I look at him with one eyebrow raised.

"What's your name stranger?" I ask him, tilting my head to the side in confusion.

He smiles and says, "Zane"

Ugh. A rich guy name.

"So mister...Zane...do you have a last name?"

"Lynwood" he says.

"Why did you take me Zane Lynwood? Why am I here?"

"You are the daughter of thé Venessa and Vermont Herondale."

Okay this is where my brain shuts down. My parents never wanted me. They threw me away. And now he makes it sound like I am some kind of royalty. This is bullshit.

"Well they didn't love their own daughter enough to even take care of her. I hate them" I say, hopping off the counter.

I suddenly feel a hand grab my arm and turn me around.

"They did love you Veronica. They died. And it was safer for you to go to an orphanage."

Does he really think I believe this crap?! Delusional much.

"Well that still doesn't explain why I'm here." I say, ripping my arm from his grip.

"You're my chosen wife..."

*
*
*
*

Christii