Ch-12: The Chamber Of Secrets

Start from the beginning

The car stopped, three of them went out meanwhile someone came and punctured their car's tyre, they bought the doll for dua and sat in the car, suddenly the car stopped in the middle of a deserted road, there was a khaai [deep pit] on the other side of the road, zain came out to see what happened, dua stepped out to see what happened she didn't listen to rumaisa, zain had a spare tyre and he fixed it, they were about to sit in the car that dua's shoe got broken, she stood outside while the door of the car was open, she bent down to fix it and vrooom.... the truck came with full speed and smashed the car and unfortunately rumaisa died instantly, dua and zain were lucky to get saved, but zain's condition was very critical.

The driver threw the car in the khaai, they threw zain and rumaisa far away, dua was lying unconscious in a pool of blood, the driver thought that she might be also dead and he left, a local villager came and saw dua, his heart melted, he took her to his hut, she went in a coma, the men's wife knew ayurvedic remedies and she took care of dua.

Zain and rumaisa were admitted to the hospital, rumaisa was declared dead and zain still had a few more days to live.
The news spread, the boys were devastated by this news, nazneen and mustufa were quarreling about this accident that why the driver killed them, then everyone went to the hospital to see zain, kids were not able to handle the pain, everyone was forcing doctors to let them meet with zain.

The doctor allowed only one person to meet, adeel was adamant so he was allowed to go inside, sara told him that not to say anything to him about dua and rumaisa or else it would worsen his condition.

With baby steps adeel went inside, his heart ached on seeing his father in this condition, with multiple tubes attached to his body, his face looked lifeless, and blood stains were everywhere.

Zain [with pain] - Ad... adee... adeel... come child...

Nurse - Please don't speak much [to adeel] I am outside if something happens call me.

Adeel went near zain, he was crying hysterically, he held zain's hand and kept it on his [adeel's] face, he kissed his hand.

Zain - How is... d... dua... mamma...? Where are they?

Adeel [with a lump in his throat] - You don't worry about them, you will get fine In-Sha-Allah, we all are praying, Allah ta'ala will grant you shifa, aameen

Zain - I love you my... child... don't cry... you also know... that... I... I hate... tears

Adeel [breaking down] - I love you too baba... please get well soon... we will not be able to live if anything happens to you.

Zain [with much difficulty] - No my dear... listen... listen to me... [breathing with difficulty] you will have to be strong.... promise me...

Adeel [tensed] - Baba please don't speak much, your condition is not good.

Zain - Let me speak... I don't have much... time left, first of all.... promise me that if I die... you won't cry.... you are my champ... my eldest son... take care of everyone... take care of.... your mother.... take care of dua... she is.... she is.... so young let no harm.... reach her... give her.... my..... my part of.... love too... at any... cost do not let... the family part away... remember that.... family is.... family is everything.... I... I... [choking] ya Allah....

The monitor started beeping loudly, adeel got puzzled, his heart was racing, he called the nurse, the doctor came too but unfortunately it was too late....

The boys couldn't digest the fact that their parents and their little sister were no more, sahad and sara were also broken, mustufa and nazneen were also shocked, they didn't want murder they just wanted an accident, adeel didn't know what to do, this sudden death shook him very much, now he had the responsibility of his 4 younger brothers at a very young age.