Chapter 13: Welcome To The Show

Tonight was the moment where the Battle of the Bands finals would take place as the amphitheatre was filled with every student from Canterlot High School. However, the bands that were supposed to be playing tonight got changed due to a little bit of a predicament that happened earlier in the day with the Rainbooms. Now because of their absence, Trixie and the Illusions had to take their place up on the stage while the Dazzlings still had their position down. Trixie and her bandmates could be seen on stage performing their song Tricks Up My Sleeve again under a row of multicolored spotlights. All three have their wizard's hats on and Trixie has her cape. She does not have her guitar, but the others have their consoles slung up.

Trixie:  Ya better believe ♪

♪ I got tricks up my sleeve ♪

♪ And I captivate ♪

♪ 'Cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat ♪

Trixie & The Illusions: ♪ Oh, whoa, oh-oh-oh-oh ♪

Trixie: ♪ Ya better believe ♪

♪ I got tricks up my sleeve ♪

♪ See me dominate ♪

♪ 'Cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat ♪

Trixie & The Illusions: ♪ Oh, whoa, oh-oh-oh-oh ♪

As the song continues outdoors where almost everybody in the school was, we now see the Rainbooms and Sunset down in the trapdoor together demoralized about their current predicament. Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, and Pinkie were either sitting or slumped down onto the floor, Rarity yawns in boredom, and Applejack was just sitting down bored as well that they're trapped. These girls however were nowhere close to (Y/N) as he was in a corner looking down ashamed as well. As for Rainbow Dash, she was at a closed door that was underneath the stage as well as she throws her full weight against it. This tactic gets her nothing but a sore shoulder, and she groans in mingled pain and frustration. 

Applejack: Give it up, Rainbow Dash. You've been tryin' at this for hours. It's not gonna open.

Rainbow Dash glares at the door and as much as she wants to keep trying, she knew she's going to have to call it quits at this point.

Twilight Sparkle: Maybe it doesn't even matter that we're trapped down here. I don't think the counter-spell would have worked anyway.

Applejack: *smiles* Of course it would have worked, Twilight. 

She then glares in Rainbow Dash's direction.

Applejack: Assumin' a certain band member didn't try to hog the spotlight the whole time we were tryin' to play it!

Rainbow Dash: Hey! If you wanna tell Twilight she's getting a little too caught up trying to be the new leader of this band, you don't have to be all cryptic about it.

Twilight backs fearfully away from Rainbow singling her out while the rest of the band members weren't amused to her being oblivious, not even (Y/N) as he even glares in her direction.

Rarity: She was talking about you, Rainbow Dash!

Rainbow Dash: Me?! I'm just trying to make sure my band rocks as hard as it needs to!

Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, & Fluttershy: OUR BAND!!

This was delivered with enough force to blow her hair back on her head. The guitarist with the hog-wild ego glowers at this outburst. Feeling like he knows where this is going, (Y/N) decides to speak up with a nervous look.