Chapter 9: Dazzling New Students

A Couple of Months Ago During the Fall Formal. . .

It is a beautiful starry night out in Canterlot as not many people were out walking during this time. However, while the night may seemed quiet on the outside, the inside told a much different story. At a restaurant around a street corner, the brightly lit windows pick out the silhouettes of a roomful of customers, and their muffled, heated conversation is heard even at this distance.

Inside, a set of female voices gradually makes itself heard, vocalizing a five-note phrase while everybody across the tables were arguing with nothing said, but complete negativity as there was even a greenish mist swirling at floor level. That creepy green mist was making its way towards three hooded figures that were sitting at a table in the corner. There were three red gems around each of their necks as they glow feebly and the mist swirls up to them and is absorbed. The three jewels glimmer briefly as they fall silent.

After they were done, the girls remove their hoods as one of them was a girl with pale, light grayish fuchsia skin, moderate purple hair done in pigtails with light brilliant aquamarine streaks, and moderate mulberry eyes. The girl right beside her has arctic bluish white skin, light arctic blue hair in a ponytail with moderate persian blue stripes, and moderate raspberry eyes.

 The girl right beside her has arctic bluish white skin, light arctic blue hair in a ponytail with moderate persian blue stripes, and moderate raspberry eyes

Aria Blaze: *sighs* That was barely worth the effort, Adagio. I'm tired of fast food. I need a meal.

The girl ahead of two pulls her hood down to reveal herself as she had pale apple green skin, large puffy luminous vivid orange hair with brilliant yellow streaks, and brilliant raspberry eyes. Her voice is that of the girl who will brook no argument with her plans.

 Her voice is that of the girl who will brook no argument with her plans

Adagio Dazzle: The energy in this world isn't the same as in Equestria. We can only gain so much power here.

Aria Blaze: Ugh! I wish we'd never been banished to this awful place!

Adagio Dazzle: *sarcastically* Really? I love it here!

Sonata Dusk: For realsies? Because I think this place is the worst.

Aria Blaze: I think you're the worst, Sonata.

Sonata Dusk: Oh, yeah? Well, I think you're-