Chapter 43: The Break In

"Well don't you look handsome," Bisky said fluffing her hair.

Ahmad chuckled. "And you are a princess as always." He bowed playfully. Though her clothes weren't her usual attire, she was able to sneak in a large pearl pink bow that snatched her waist. Her drabs fell short of her knees, her hair in a bushed ponytail. Silver jewels hung loosely head to toe.

Ahmad's black silk garments complimented his skin tone, bringing out his emerald eyes. His small braid undone, a mask outlined in intricate gold stitches covering his face. A laced chain hung over his forehead.

"Oooooo you are such an eye candy," Bisky beamed as they leaped to the side of the building. Ahmad followed closely behind. He summoned his vines, covering the side of the Chief's temple, and lifting them to a window near the entrance. The sun was setting. An orange hue reflected the temple on one side with deep blue shades near the back.

One animal in sight.

"Alright, Feral said one is positioned at the entrance. And it looks like that deer is it." Ahmad examined the stone bridge that carried the villagers into the heavily gated doors.

"So that's Aariv," said Bisky. "Kurapika and I saw him in the market square earlier. Let's get another view."

The two of them climbed through the shaded side of the temple. The rigid structures were developed and rich as any royal castle. A texture of cream slabs and marble. They shuffled through each ledge, avoiding any view from the windows. The regular guards were no match for their skills.

"Here's a better view," he whispered. They could see the faces of the people clearly, and were in a blind spot of the beast, behind it. "We need a distraction so they can go through. Then take it out once they're in."

"What did Feral say it could do again?" Bisky asked.

"He said it tamed the animals that go in. The domesticated ones."

They leaned in, a view  from the top right of the temple.  A couple of stories above the ground. Feral had told them the animal acted as a beacon for animals to obey. As a camera, it could alert other animals to attack, and more importantly Riv.

"And if we don't take it out now, the people's pets will be turned against us," Ahmad said.

Bisky nodded. "And Riv already knows what we look like, so he'll be looking through it."

They thought for a moment. Their team blended in with the villagers in line. Fancied silk and every jewelry available. They were coming closer to view and the two had to figure out a plan quickly to avoid detection.

"If Riv knows we're trying to sneak in, wouldn't he place another animal by the entrance too? He wouldn't leave it to one animal against all of us." Bisky said.

"That's a good point. We know the other two are a large bird and a small camouflaged dragon. The one backing up this animal could be the latter."

"If the bird came, we would hear it."

They watched the animal closely. Its massive antlers illuminated a brilliant blue light. Its fur was a burnt orange, marked with black striped patterns. A third eye rested in the middle of its forehead, also glowing a luminescent blue. Hinting at its godly power.

As each person passed through the entrance, some with animals, some without, the deer's antlers lit the doorway. The kids bowed respectively, waving and smiling at the creature. Even the animals leaped around excitedly.