Chapter 15: Bloodlust

It was almost midnight. Black cloaks shadowed our presence as we scurried through the streets. Little to no streetlights dwindled across our paths. The only light speckled from windows of houses and the luster of the moon, glossed with an iridescent hue. The streets almost seemed wider from the absence of people while the three of us gracefully glided and weaved between buildings in our Zetsu form. Bisky lead the line while I covered the back, sensing for unknown followers. And if Hisoka loomed near, I couldn't detect him either.

We arrived at the masked location and snuck around to the back. There, a dark green wooden door stood before us, but it wasn't closed all the way. Bisky gently knocked before slowly entering while I searched our backs once more.

"Here," Ajij gestured us in from the stairs and we followed him to the second floor. The house gave a warm presence, petite but well refined. The walls were creamed colored with a cemented texture. Purple and teal tapestries decorated both floors of the house while accents of golden accessories hung here and there. A symbol of recognition.

We gathered in a small living room with cushioned chairs and a flat coffee table in the middle. Candle lights flickered on surrounding shelves, setting the scene while the windows were completely shut so no one could peek through.

"Please sit," Ajij said.

"This is Kurapika, he is with us," Bisky introduced him.

Ajij nodded, "It's important this remains secluded. This city is filled with mischief."

"We understand," Kurapika said. "What can you tell us about the city and the tribe within Jujib?"

"The city holds many secrets, some that are connected to Jujib. People out here are always looking for valuables, throwing their lives away to obtain them. As you saw earlier, money controls us heavily. There is little enforcement here but it's mostly from authorities overpowering others. One thing every native person would know is of the treasure in Jujib, the destination you seek. Archeologists or Treasure Hunters frequently stop by to obtain information, but for us to open up our secrets takes something, let alone find us." His voice was very hushed and sincere compared to earlier. He then met the eyes of Bisky and me. "I was very moved by your kindness, something I never grew up with. I hope I can return the favor."

I could tell the others were still on edge, but his aura remained earnest. Of course, he was hiding things but he had yet to open up. We nodded in acknowledgment.

"So, I assume you are a true native here," Kurapika confirmed.

"Indeed. One of six. This leads to why I have asked you to come in secret. The information I am about to reveal is known of high value for two reasons. One, it is rare to find a native person in this city. And two, those who have this information become targets. People are known to torture secrets out, but I trust you to protect them. Something tells me this isn't just a treasure hunt..."

I let out a breath, grateful he understood.

"May I see your map?" Ajij asked Kurapika.

It was spread over the table, Ajij holding a red pen to mark it. He drew a triangle overlapping the entire city, then drew an inverted triangle directly over creating a six-pointed star. "This is the symbol of the 'Star of David' which signifies us as protectors."

He then pointed to the northwest tip of the star, "This is our location. Each point is where a member of the Golden Dawn lives, myself included. We are responsible for protecting the secrets of Jujib and Shezun. This small organization is the only way you'll make it to the hidden tribe in Jujib. However, there are two parts to our group. The points on the inverted triangle are those who hold the secrets of the city. The points on the upright triangle, hold the secrets of the jungle. You would not find them without going through me or the other two. The jungle members are purely in charge of guiding people through Jujib safely to the hidden village, so I apologize, but I do not know much of the Jujib jungle. The purpose of these two parts is to keep the information as scarce as possible in case it falls into the wrong hands."