Chapter 7: The Meet Up

Hisoka lie on the concrete floor knocked out.

I turned away disheveled and made my way towards the kid. "Th-thank you," I said out of breath. I forced my voice into a calming tone but the amount of fear shrouding his aura was blinding, rattling me on edge. The poor boy was trembling with dirt-stained tears over his cheeks.

"Let...let me look at your injuries." I ignored the sharp stings that came with moving my own body and slowly helped him sit to take a look at his leg. To see how deep the cut was. The crushed large rock he threw on Hisoka's head crumbled around his toes.

"How bad does it hurt?" I sensed a faint sadness ruminating within his fear. "It's okay to cry you know," I quickly added and gently held his chin to check for more injuries.

"I'm...," he started, his voice wavering. "It hurts, but not badly...but my ankle hurts most."

His ankle was indeed sprained.

"What's your name hun?" I asked.

"Benny."

"Benny. Something tells me you're going to be a strong kid when you grow up," I assured. His aura was softened to a pale blue tone while bits of bright red and green peeked here and there. "My name is Raine. Nice to meet you. Let's get you to a hospital."

I picked him up and glanced down at Hisoka. His breathing was slow and steadied in his unconscious state.

Maybe I'll come back for him. Maybe.

I arrived at the hospital, still barefoot and in a torn dress. The boy leaned into me with delicate breaths. His shivers had died down. I gazed at him through heavy eyelids. Anger no longer consumed me, nor did I hold a grudge towards Hisoka. I never liked the way negative emotions settled in my chest. My aura was too fine, too sensitive. And it's why being around people provoked a weakness. A weight carried on my shoulders to feel what others felt at different intensities. And why killing was out of the question.

Anticipating death hurt more than physical pain, but mentally terrified me. Feeling that death could make me cripple.

But if I killed someone...who knows what would happen.

I handed Benny over to the doctors and told them what happened.

"There are bad and good people in this world but don't ever let the bad things get in the way," I told him as he was being taken away. He turned his head to face me with half-lidded eyes, despite the pain he was feeling. His aura emerged with new colors of hope. A soft smile fluttered over his lips before he closed his eyes.

I left the area snd studied the sky. Stars twinkled at me, the moon billowed soft whispers of light.

It's late, isn't it?

The wind blew my hair out of my face as if cold water splashed to wake me up.

Fiiiiiiiiiiine, I rolled my eyes.

Despite Hisoka being cruel for his trap, I remembered the light hiding within a dark aura. The only thing that gave me hope for humanity. The only reason I wanted to save everyone. Small, but still there. I grabbed an ice pack before heading back to him.

Hisoka was still laying in the same sport on the rugged ground where the city edge ended. I was once again showed that his heart wasn't all bad...if you looked really hard that is.

I'll pull him under a tree.

I placed a hand over my hip studying him. Blood oozed from his forehead, his painted teardrop and stars were smudged and his hair strands stuck to his face from sweat.