Chapter 20: A Glass Wall

For some reason, the pain didn't ring through, but I knew I couldn't move. My vision slurred, making out events around me, trying to figure out what happened as I lay on the ground. Cherry was knocked out in the distance, and a young figure stood before her.

B-Bisky?

Someone lifted me. Someone held me as if I weighed nothing, though my limbs hung with insurmountable weight. Before I could see who it was, a familiar scent flooded my nose.

Hisoka...

He was talking to Bisky. Arguing it seemed. I could feel the vibrations of the person talking as my head lay against their chest but it made me nauseous. Where did that kid go?

I grimaced as a sharp pain exploded from my abdomen, but my chest constricted too much to let me cry out. I instinctively pressed my arms over, only to feel a warm liquid smother my skin, while the stinging continued. Blood. I'm bleeding. My arms relaxed and my head leaned back to surrender to my exhaustion.

I huddled into the person carrying me as it brought a strange comfort. Their aura patted my skin like a hot and cold blanket, but most importantly, it was silent. A strong breeze wafted my body as we moved with a consistent speed as if we flew through the air. But comfort didn't remove the dizziness from my head.

I dragged my eyes up, and for a moment, I expected someone else, but the blurred lines revealed Hisoka's face. He seemed...different. His aura was not the same as it was a moment ago and he wasn't smiling, in fact, he stared straight ahead, his lips tight with a grave expression.

Was he upset? How dare you carry me.

I tried to keep my gaze fixed on him under heavy eyelids, but he never glanced down at me, too focused on what he was doing. Before I knew it, my body sunk into a weakened state, and I closed my eyes.

"Raine...Raine!" Bisky held my shoulders.

I groaned, sitting up, but immediately grimaced again, forgetting the painful throb in my stomach.

"Listen to me, dear. Deep breathes."

It seemed we were the only ones in a room...my room, and I found my abdomen wrapped in a white bandage. A large dark red spot seeped in it.

"What...what time is it?" I said, trying to control my breathing.

"You were only out for two hours, thank goodness."

I glanced towards the window. It was indeed nighttime. A lamp lit next to me, hiding the moon's glow.

"Raine you are an enhancer, remember? Look at me, we need to hurry. Focus your energy on your wound. It will aid your healing process. We need to stop bleeding."

I groaned again, my head felt just about the same. Dizzy.

"Focus, Raine."

Focus... focus... focus....

I slowly started to wake up as energy shot through my body. The wound disrupted my Nen flow, and I summoned my strength towards that area, feeling my insides move by themselves. I slowly inhaled, then slowly exhaled with all thoughts on my wound. After a moment, a sudden relief rested my shoulders. I let out my exhaustion, and seated myself back against the wooden headboard as the pain became less aggravating to deal with. "Thank you..." But a dull feeling of disappointment settled within, unsure of anything.

Bisky came closer to me, sitting on the bed. Her pigtails were a little lopsided and frizzy. Her eyes had sunk into a discreet pain I couldn't understand. "Raine, please don't do that again. You both are so troublesome."