Chapter Thirty-Two

Începe de la început

"You've certainly grown from the last time I saw you...My name is Bako. How can I be of service, Moon?" It appeared that even in his demise, the fraction of Randal's contract was reigning high.

"Why was Aria Clark killed?" Remus growled out and Bako's mouth opened, yet the burn within his chest closed his throat in a sign that he wasn't allowed to speak on the matter. "I cannot disclose something was forged to be forgotten, sir."
"Why not?! Bypass it! Override it, fuck just tell me something. Running around for Goddess knows what is getting pointless, and for you to stand there and tell me that you can't—"

"REMUS!" The voice had taken the room by storm, yet for directive yell caused the male to flinch his shoulders. The anger she was betraying was only unlocked when he truly messed up, and when she came forward to him now she locked her fist around his shirt to pull him down to her height.

"You don't talk to demons like that, Remmy. Even if you're Alpha." While his responsive huff hadn't been all that aggressive, the demons had been keenly watching the room.

"A Mystic? I can certainly work with that, sir..." The threatening smirk Bako's portrayed caused either Hayes or Remus to meet him with the same stare—However, neither could beat the look of pure shock of Bako seeing Sage's dueled hybrid eyes awaiting his next words.

"That Mystic happens to be your master's Luna, once you've proven your work you're going back...And careful, that's my shadow." Darius warned with a taunting smile, especially when Bako had started to really grasp what he's been summoned into.

"Very well, but my tongue has been tied to secrets to die with Alpha Randal. I cannot override something like that."
"I'll get working on that with father, what else do we need to check?" Eli scanned through the built list that they originally made and Bako nodded.

"Randal had taken plans from his father to build into the mountain for resources, he conducted most of his dealings there with a group of wolves. Clark and the Synders I recall being at the forefront, they were more than willing. The others...not so much." Remus bit his lip, careful of not to upset his mate by being too direct.

"Who is A?"

"There were a few A's in the mix, if you're referring to Andrew then he was the Alpha's favorite. Otherwise, there was the Anonymous that Randal made dealings and took advice from. Even against my suggestion." Bako informed and Hayes growled.

"Did Randal destroy my bond with Willow?" Neither of the Crescent Moon males hadn't dared to stop the widow. And Bako nodded.

"Anonymous had the means of experimenting to perfect a formula to reduce the pull of the mate bond—But he made it worse, to destroy a bond of it altogether. I do not know if they continued to a further product, but I always had a feeling anonymous had it out for Willow Mystic. Randal assumed he was snubbed by Alpha Water the wrong way and this was a solution to gain something from him." Hayes could hardly keep his breathing under control, and while Remus was dealing with his own struggle to uncover what was needed.

"Why did Randal do all this?" Bako's eyes had softened significantly, and while Sage assumed that the two demons were discussing through their own link. The uncomfortable shift from the imprisoned demon shot red flags in her head.

"He wanted to be Alpha king, a divine right that She gifted to him, steaming from an old myth that I'm sure he made up on the fly to gather support from the Snyders and others who listened to him. The Mermaids didn't want to be on the receiving end, hence them hiding this contract." The silence washed over the room and the next question truly shifted the attention of everyone.

"Yes, it took a large part of the witches to mix a brew strong enough to be erased from the pack's minds. It was completely wiped. The Snyders were a loud bunch so I am not surprised it is blank from your minds...You're right to kill them, Tina Synder had been so focused and in love with Alpha Randal to—"
"In love?!" Remus roared, the complete and utter bile had started to rumble in his stomach.