A moment's silence, then I felt a punch strike my face. "Don't go around giving me sass. You're the scum of society, heading off to the jail of Hyrule Castle. Know your place, bastard."

     I know where we're going. And I'm counting on it.

     Then my plan veered off track, suddenly.

     The man grabbed my right hand and forced it into the handcuffs. I had to fight not to scream out loud, the click of a lock ringing throughout my entire body. 

     Now my lockpicks were useless. 

     Both my hands were locked up. 

     My cheek stung where he struck me. Flames of agony licked my right arm. Finally the flickering light leaking past my blindfold retreated. 

     I listened to my own rapid breathing as my vision threatened to blot out to black completely. My pulse was racing. 

     I felt a jerk, then we were moving again. Towards Hyrule Castle.

     I couldn't afford to make another blunder. All I could do was wait.

     Wait for it to happen.

     The carriage was slowing. I knew we were pulling into Hyrule Castle's bounds.

     I bit my lip. 

     If my calculations were right, it was a few minutes past 10:30. Exactly how many, I didn't know.

     It would happen on 10:38.

     I remember the exact time because it was when Hyrule imploded.

     I chewed on the inside of my cheek, tasting the tang of blood. Soon. 

     Then suddenly the carriage came to a sudden halt and I had to hold down a shout, a million emotions rushing through my mind, clawing up my throat, pushing past the walls around my heart.

     It's happened.

     The carriage rocked violently and I fought for balance, another blaze of pain swallowing my right arm. 

     "What? What?" The carriage driver screamed to someone outside, the master shouting unintelligibly. Footsteps thundered and panicked voices melted into one another.

     The others sensed the disquiet. Murmurs arose, shifting in their manacles. Chains clinked.

     I was almost out of time. I braced myself, then pulled. 

     I couldn't supress the scream that burst out of my lungs, a bloody mess of pain rushing through my entire body. I was shaking, the blood in my veins turned to lava.

     I had pulled my right hand out of the cuffs.

     My breathing came in harsh gasps. My vision turned black momentarily. 

     Since it was as crushed as it was, there was no rigidity to my bones. Why shouldn't I be able to pull it out like this?

     My hand trembled violently. Somehow I managed to get my lockpicks free, somehow I managed to unlock myself, holding the slender sticks with my left hand and nudging it with my aflame right. I fell to the floor as soon as I was unbound, stumbling along breath after breath.

     I blinked rapidly, the dots crowded into my vision dispersing slightly. 

     Sis blindfolded pairs of eyes were turned in my direction.