Chapter 22: Lancelot and Guinevere

A/N: Thank you to everyone that has read this story 😊

——

Amelia's POV

Arthur assists Morgana as she mounts her horse in the Square after having assisted Amelia onto hers. Gwen and Anne are already settled on theirs.

"I hope your trip isn't too upsetting." He tells her.

"Thank you, Arthur."

"Make sure you return to Camelot before dusk," Arthur says to Sir Robert who is leading their group as they go on a pilgrimage to Morgana's father's grave.

"Yes, Sire."

——

As they begin their journey, Amelia notices that Gwen is in an odd mood and once they are riding through the woods, Morgana seems to notice.

"You look troubled, Gwen."

"I'm fine."

"You're very secretive these days," Amelia says hoping to get something out of her, particularly about her and Arthur.

But Morgana continues. "I'm beginning to think there's a man involved." Anne and Amelia share a conspiring look.

Gwen lets out a snort. "When do I get to meet any decent men?"

But before the conversation can continue, a large group of bandits suddenly rush down the slopes from either side of the path they are travelling on, yelling their battle cry and begin engaging with their escort.

Sir Robert turns to them. "My ladies, you must follow me!" However, he is shot in the back and he slumps on his horse dead. Before they can react, Amelia, Anne, Gwen and Morgana are pulled off their horses by some bandits. Some Knights kill the men holding them.

"We have got to run! Head for the path! Go!" Amelia cries once they are freed. They run up the hill, but more bandits are waiting for them.

"We warn you. We are Uther Pendragon's wards. He'll have your heads if any harm comes to us." Morgana threatens.

Nevertheless, it is lost on the bandits. A man that seems to be the leader speaks. "I have no intention of harming either of you. At least not yet. You two are much more valuable to me alive, Lady Morgana, Lady Amelia."

Oh brilliant, a kidnapping!

——

They move them to a camp where they are shoved into a tent and left to peek out of the tent to watch.

"What are we going to do?" Anne asks. "The King will not notice we are missing for a while."

"We need a plan," Amelia says.

"Like what?" Gwen asks.

"I have an idea." Morgana declares and they huddle around her and literally begin plotting.

After a short while, they go back to watching the bandits through the flaps of the tent.

"He's coming," Morgana says, having noticed the leader coming towards their tent. "You know what you must do?"

They all nod.

"I trust you are comfortable?" The man says sarcastically.

"We demand to know where you're taking us," Amelia says as confidently as she can.

"You'll find out soon enough. We've got a long journey ahead of us. Get some rest." He turns to leave, but Morgana walks out of the tent after him, Amelia follows close behind while Anne and Gwen stay by the entrance.