+23 (New Years bonus)

ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ:

I finally kept my promise

· · ─────── ·☾. °.· ─────── · ·

─────────────────

─────────────────

"So, what you doing on the New Year's eve?" Doyun nudged my shoulder.

Right, the year is ending.

"I don't really know," I shrugged, "probably spending it with Hoojae."

"Ah, so you two just alone?"

Turning my head to the side, so I could see the face my cousin was making, I scoffed upon seeing her wiggling eyebrows.

"Shut up," chuckling, I pushed her off the couch. As I heard a loud thud and a laughter after, I couldn't help but to join her on the ground, laughing fondly.

-

"Where do you think you're going?"

I turned around to meet my soon-to-be husband at the end of the hallway. He looked..

..irritated?

"To Jimin's, why?" I asked casually, as I kept zipping up my boots.

"Have you not seen the news? It's literally freezing cold outside, plus the ground is all covered in ice! You're staying at home!"

"You can't really be thinking I seriously would stay here and not see him because of some cool weather and slippery ground," I scoffed and wrapped my hand around the doorknob.

"You leave, and we're done, Y/n," Hoojae spoke sternly.

"Is that a fucking threat?"

"No, it's a plead for you to stay, for your own sake, for the sake of our baby," he spoke more calmly now.

"You know, Hoojae, after this manipulation thingy you just pulled," I looked at him, before opening the door, "we definitely are done," I stepped out of our house, shutting the door behind me.

As I reached the only place that brought me comfort, I tried wiping off the tears, that stained my rosey cheeks, but couldn't do so, since the chilly wind already froze them.

Letting out a bitter chuckle because of everything happening, I took my usual spot on the ground, just next to Jimin's gravestone.

"Hi," sinking in the snow, I held onto the gravestone, to not get drowned in it.

"I want to wait for the next year with you."

My hands already were starting to slightly shake, as I couldn't feel the tips of my fingers because of the cold embracing me.

"I hope you don't mind and share the same wish with me," a sad smile occupied my lips, as I tried to imagine him next to me, like I always did, when I visited him.

But for some reason I failed this once.

Furrowing my brows, I rested both of my numb hands on my belly, trying to feel the little bump through the coat.

"I was thinking of naming the baby "Jimin", whether if it's a girl or a boy," I stated casually, hoping that he would hear.

As time passed by, I suddenly felt a wave of dizziness rush trough me, finding myself struggling with keeping my eyes open.

Pulling out my phone, I caught a glimpse of the current time and a huge amount of missed calls from my fiancée, before my phone went dead, due to the freezing weather and low battery.

"It's 11:57PM," raising the corner of my lips, to morph them into a small smile, I closed my eyes and silently tried to count down the last three minutes of this year.

Minute.

Another one.

"Ten,"

I rested my head on the gravestone, as I struggled to blabber out the last words.

The coldness was occupying over me too quickly, numbing my senses one by one.

Lips barely moving, lungs filling with the freezing air I inhaled, shutting down all of the remaining abilities to feel I had.

"Nine... eight... seven... six..."

"Six," his voice layered my own, counting with me.

"Five.. four.." we sang in unison.

"Three.. two.." now only his voice could be heard, as mine lost its power.

One.

Panting hard and opening my eyes wide, only to squeeze them shut right after, because of the blinding brightness in front of me, I sat up.

I was still in the snow.

I was still at the cemetery.

But I didn't feel cold anymore, in fact I regained my senses back, numbness gone completely.

I felt warm, I felt finally at peace, I felt at home,

I felt almost alive.

"Happy New Year, darling," he said, as he pulled me up, attaching his lips onto mine.

The butterflies, the ones that I had to lock up and bury deep down inside the day I had to let him go, came alive, lightning every dark corner in my soul.

The rushes off happiness in me, radiating from the reuniting kiss, synchronized with the fireworks around us perfectly.

As he pulled away and let me finally look into his eyes, that I didn't have to only imagine anymore, I cupped his face and brought out foreheads together.

"Y/n?"

I hummed in response, not wanting to separate from him, not again.

"You have to stay there a little longer, princess."

"Why, Jimin? What if they save me?" a stinging feeling overcame my calmness in my eyes, as the thought of losing him made me miserable in a split second.

"For the baby. You have to give your baby a chance, love. The help is already on its way, they won't be able to bring you back, but your child still has a chance of survival. Please, just hold on a little longer."

I nodded.

I finally kept my promise, Jimin.

Happy New Year.

· · ─────── ·☾. °.· ─────── · ·