Ch-11: Am I Daydreaming?

Start from the beginning

Dua did as nazneen said.

A lady - MashaAllah dua you are hardworking and pretty.

Another lady - I must say nazneen that I am impressed by how you cared for your bhabhie's daughter, because nowadays people don't think more apart from their child.

Nazneen - I have not done anything, dua is so sweet girl that everyone will love her.

What is happening here?? Zaroor daal me kuch to kaala hain [there is something really fishy about this]

A lady - Take it dear.... your gift.

Dua - No no aunty it's not needed.

A lady - No dear take it, I have bought it with so much love and you can't deny it.

Dua looked at nazneen and she nodded, dua took the gift.

Dua - ZazakAllah

Hadi [barging inside] - Diiiiiii..... this is your gift...

Dua - What is the need for this, you came here this is the best gift for me.

Hadi - C'mon di take it, my hand is hurting, it's too heavy.

Dua held it and hadi ran away so she didn't give it back.

Nazneen - Go dua sit there [she signaled her to sit between those ladies]

Dua felt a little awkward but she decided to follow nazneen's order cause she didn't want to ruin nazneen's extra-sweet mood.

After some time all the guests left and now it was just sahad, sara and the family left

Sara - Bhabhie when did you plan all this, you should have told us, we could help you...

Nazneen - It's ok, saad go and bring ice creams from the store.

Saad immediately went and bought ice creams.

Hadi - These many ice creams, but why??

Ayaan - Who was that lady, she was always talking about dua aapi, she was being so cheesy....

Nazneen [angrily] - Shut up ayaan, don't say it like this, they are going to be our in-laws...

Everyone got confused.

Dua - In-laws???

Nazneen [to mustufa] - I think that we should declare it.

Mustufa - So the people who came just now are soon going to be our in-laws, we have fixed dua's engagement with their son.

A plate from dua's hand fell, everyone got a 440-volt shock, everyone stood up.

Sahad - What! What kind of joke is it? Bhaijaan dua is still a child.

Sara - You can't do this.

Sahad - We don't even know the boy, dua has not even met him.

Nazneen - We are not doing her marriage, it's just engagement, marriage will be done when both of them will wish.

Hadi - This is not fair ammi abbu, you should ask permission of dua aapi.

Saad - You can't ruin someone's life like this.

Nazneen [angrily] - O baccha paltan [kids gang] don't tell us what to do and what not, we are elders and we will take the decision, you all have to follow it.

Sara - But bhabhie atleast ask dua what she wants.

Nazneen - It does not matters.... the people are good and they are ready to accept this useless girl, that is too much and you only tell me that who will marry this manhoos girl [someone with a bad omen], she does not have parents, brothers, not even good looking, has no income, does not know household work, who will accept her? Till how much time we will spend our money on her, we can't bear her for our whole life, some or other day she has to go and it is good if we do her engagement right now.