A Surprise, Bad or Good?

Luz P.O.V

I run over to the waterfall falling from the roof and cup my hands to catch some, once Amity's close enough I throw it at her and she stops in her tracks. She stares at me, her now soaked, and I just smirk trying not to laugh.

"Get over here you!" She playfully shouts at me then before I can run off again she manages to grab a hold of me. "Oh no you've caught me. What ever will I do!" I dramatically put my hand to my forehead leaning back in her grasp.

Amity just laughs and surprisingly plays along "maybe I'll just have to force info out of you on who my heart belongs to." We laugh for a minute before I catch on to what she just said "wait, wait, wait. What did you say?"

She ends up laughing again then gives me a serious look "you heard me" she stares at me before laughing "I'm just messing with you." She releases me and just throws water back at me before heading under the awning again.

I head over as well and sit next to her noticing she has her arms wrapped around herself "hey, are you cold?" Amity looks over at me and gives a soft smile "a little, the wind doesn't help with warming up" I nod and tell her I'll be right back.

I head inside and grab towels from the laundry room and head back out to the porch. Before I sit down I wrap one of the towels around Amity's shoulders and sit down with one wrapped on me as well.

"That work for now?" She nods with her cheeks dusted a slight pink. "Once your ready we can head back inside and change into something warmer" Amity nods again "yeah that works for me, maybe we can figure out how to get your power back on."

"Ha, if you can do that I'll love ya forever!" she looks over at me and smirks "10 bucks say I can" she stands up and takes the towel off her shoulders "alright, where's the thing that runs your house?" I stand up and take off my towel as well.

"Here, follow me" I bring her to the side of the house and show her the electrical box, "go nuts" she nods and opens the panel on it and starts looking it up and down. "Alrighty, it's diffrent from the Isles but, I think I know what to do. Is anyone watching?"

I look around and just as expected no one in sight "no one's watching, do what you need to do." She nods and draws a circle, shocking the box with a small bolt of electricity. "That should do it, now you owe me 10 bucks."

I laugh and we walk around the house and grab the towels before we head inside "it doesn't seem much diffrent" Amity laughs "hit the light switch dork." I look at her and can't help but roll my eyes and flick the switch on.

I watch as the lights turn on easily and I hear her snicker "alright, alright, let me go get your money" I turn with a sigh and she laughs harder "Luz I was kidding" I turn my head to her and roll my eyes. "Alright, what's the plan now?"

I'm about to sit down and I remember I'm soaked, "well first plan is getting out of these clothes. You can put my hood back on if you want" it's the slightest change in her face but I notice her smile grow as she turns to grab it.

"I'll be out in a second, the bathroom is right here if you wanna chance real quick" she nods and I head into my room and change into a long sleeve shirt and sweats then head back out into the living room to wait for Amity to finish up.

I pull my phone out and scroll through it when I hear the bathroom door open and Amity comes out in her sweats with my hoodie on. "Enjoying my hoodie, Miss Hoodie Stealer?" Amity flushes a little and pouts "you said I could put it on."

I can't help but laugh a little "I know I'm just messing with you, it's cute seeing you get embarrassed" she now blushes more and huffs. "That's un-called for" I laugh again "and your just proving my point Am's!"

She's about to respond when she realizes that I backed her into a corner, "t-that's not fair" I quirk a brow at her and she just blushes again. "Just come here you" I stretch out my arms signaling her over and she sighs before shuffling over.

She's about to sit when I wrap my arms around her waist and yank her down to me, "holy titan Luz, what the hell!" I laugh at her reaction and ruffle her hair "Luz, I won't hesitate to do to you what I did to your electrical box."

I freeze remembering the electrical shockwaves she sent through it "okay you made your point" Amity smirks smugly at me and pushes herself up then wraps her arms around me. "Anything on TV you like in particular?"

~~A few hours later~~

After an hour or so we go from watching TV to a hands on guitar practice. "No, Luz move your fingers here. Your playing G, not B7" I sigh "well maybe I'd be able to do it if you weren't so distracting." I give her a look and Amity huffs.

"Here, just set your pointer finger here" she pushes my finger to the right string and fret before adjusting my other fingers. Amity takes a look over before noticing another thing, "Luz, your holding the pick upside down."

I sigh and flip it right-side up "better?" Amity nods "there you go, your getting it" I smile about to strum the note when I hear a car door shut outside. "Crap my mom's home" Amity just tilts her head at me confused on my statement.

"All of town lost power, when she see's we still have power she's going to ask questions" as I say that I hear the key turn in the lock and the door open. "Luz, the power company should be on.." she stops mid sentence seeing the power on then looking at me and the guitar and her eyes finally falling on Amity.